Friday, April 2, 2010

a reading marathon


2nd April 2010
Friday

It took me ONE week to finish Dan Brown's Digital Fortress. Damn, it was one helluva good book man! Gee, I just love Dan Brown's books! His books are totally awesome!
I really admire him man. Come to look at it, the three books of his that I've read have one thing in common. The whole plot only happens in a single day!
In other words, all the events and the development of the plot is in a day. From the beginning of the story until the revelation, it only takes one day to complete them all. How cool is that man! He's really an amazing author. How I wish I could be like him.

Digital Fortress was awesome!
The code that was initially assumed as an unbreakable code, which apparently seemed to have bypassed the Bergofsky principle, turned out to be a worm after all. It's kinda difficult to explain it all here. You just gotta read the book. It's breathtaking and wonderfully written. And deal with it, his stories are so full of police-and-thief-like quest. A killer and a prey. It's always the one who's gonna save the day that is being hunted down. And it's always a skilled assasin that hunts down a vulnerable and defenseless person. And that this person is always the innocent one who has nothing whatsoever to do with the situation that other people are involved in. Get me? Haha. Yeah, if you've read his stories, you'll definitely get a grip of what I'm crapping about right here. :D
Damn, I love Dan Brown! I mean, his stories. Gosh, I love him too! =)


***

That day as I was sitting down at the bus stop waiting for U47, I looked across the street. A massive, dungeon-like building spread out in front of my eyes. I bet it took up more than 100 acres, though I do not know for sure how big is 1 acre. :D
By the way, how big is 1 acre? Wait, lemme check. :P
1 acre = 4 046.85642 m2
Right, what the hell. 100 acres will be as huge as Pavilion! I guess. :D

Anyway, staring at the historical Pudu Jail reminded me of Sam Cayhall.
Sam who??? Sam Camhall, duh! I don't expect you to know anyway. :D
It's a character from John Grisham's The Chamber. Yay to myself, I managed to finish that book before the due date. Dude, that's a borrowed book! Strange term I used huh? Whatever. :P

That book was good too. Well, not as awesome as Dan Brown's though. I'm so not being biased here okay? Haha. I dunno. Maybe John Grisham's books are more narrative? Like, really really informative. Informative as in lots and lots of words and they just keep continuing you know? But Dan Brown's ones are quite different. I mean, well, he jumped from an event to another and not just do it continuously. Okay, fine, admit it, maybe my standard have not reached John Grisham's yet. Haha. Definitely NOT man! Heck, Ms Chooi reads his books! I'm yet to reach there yet! Haha.

I was curious about the ending. As to whether Sam will be executed or not. Gosh, if you're not into the gross type kinda stuff, you'd better not read this. There was a part where Sam described to Adam about the past executions that have taken place in the same death row prison Sam was in. He even said how the execution took place and how the inmates died gruesome-ly. The eyes popped out and blood came oozing out. And white foam came pouring from their mouths and the incessant head banging onto the pole behind the head, resulting in severe injury to the head as the main cause of death instead of the inhalation of poisonous gasses. Yeah, this execution takes place in a gas chamber. You know, inmates were strapped tightly to the chair and locked inside the chamber all by himself. Then there would be people in charge (most probably professionals that deal with chemistry) that would mix some sorta solution that releases gasses with high fatality. Gruesome huh? I would rather you give me a cup of poison and allow me to die just like that. But, geez, talking about this gives me goosebumps. Sorry. I'm not supposed to be talking about this. For I believe in Christianity. Forgive me dear God.

I pity Sam Cayhall though in the end. It wasn't entirely his fault for the bombing that took place 20 years ago. And he was NOT alone. He had an accomplice. Due to the oath that he had made for being a Klansman, he swore never to reveal the name of his accomplice. Sam was threatened by his accomplice when Adam took matters into hands and he knew Sam has an accomplice. Sam just couldn't be budged to reveal that name. And he brought that secret with him to the tomb. Poor him. It would have been better if the accompice was punished as well. At least, Sam would have a more peaceful death with a cleared name. He's nice after all. He's damn good at checkers btw! :D


Well, maybe my 4 months of home-bound will not be that unproductive after all. :D
I'm gonna start The Lost Symbol today! It'll be another Robert Langdon adventure! My favourite of it! *wink*


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment