Saturday, April 10, 2010

another intriguing case solved


10th April 2010
Saturday

FINALLY (another finally. lol), I've finished reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Well, as I said before, Robert Langdon again and from beginning till revelation, all happened in one day, in this case, one night. Same with Angels and Demons right? If not mistaken. :D

The beginning part of this story was really awesome. The thrilling events and murderous acts and blackmail and threats and that sorts you know? Really cool. And talking about an arm poised in the middle of the Rotunda was it? Alright, I've forgotten the places' names actually. :P

Robert Langdon was called in to allegedly give a talk by his mentor and close friend, Peter Soloman. But it turned out things were very much different from what Peter's so-called secretary told him over the phone. And in fact, that secretary was not Peter's secretary after all. That guy was the mastermind behind all this nuisance (sorry, Dan Brown, haha) and had tricked Robert Langdon into flying to Washington DC because this guy needed Langdon's help to so-called unveil the secret portal that will lead to the Ancient Mysteries. Get me, so far? LOL.

Note : I don't read back what I've type, so, deal with it, it's all jumbled up I know. :D

And that hand I mentioned earlier which was found in the middle of the Rotunda, actually belonged to Peter. And Langdon was then blackmailed by this lunatic that he had Peter and in order for Langdon to save his best mate, he had to do as this guy says, that is to unveil the secret portal. Geez, I pity Langdon really. Like, he's always the innocent one man. He doesn't know what the hell is going on but he always got dragged into all this shit. Haha.

This story was kinda different I guess. In terms of the connection behind all those happenings. In The Lost Symbol, science and religion fused together. I mean, science was related to religion, you know. This was said to be proven by Katherine, Peter's sister. She did experiments which proved that humans' minds can merge together(not literally nor physically) to focus on a single thought and that this thought will affect the particles around them to actually make this thought materialise. Like what you think, will come true. Amazing huh?
And also, she proved that human's soul is a matter, meaning that it has mass. Gee, talking about physics. I don't think I will ever forget that though. It's physics' basic right? Matter has mass and occupies space. Haha. One basic principle.
Screw it, I'm so not into physics right now. :P

And that field is called Noetic Science. Is there actually such field? Gee, that's kinda cool though. :D

Moving further, more advanced sciences were revealed. Water-like liquid that enables humans to breathe underwater and creates a drowning feeling to the human when in fact, he is just in an unconscious state. And science research labs that sound so effing cool that it seems only possible in blockbuster movies like Mission Impossible, Matrix and that sort. Really. If only I could be part of such production. It would be too damn cool! :D

At the same time, histories were brought in to reason out everything that was happening. This is definitely Dan Brown's significance. Really man. I bet he himself is a keen historian and symbologist. Those symbols and crypts and whatnots were a mess I don't even know where should I be looking at. If you wanna get an idea of what kind of symbols he inserted in this book, think of the different astrological signs - Libra, Virgo, Gemini! (that's my sign :D)
And also, there were chemical notations as well. I forgot what was the term to address chemical signs. Damn, my chemical teacher would be really disappointed with me. Haha. Anyway, there was the chemical notation for gold - Au.

And the notion about a staircase that leads hundreds of feet underground was too much! In a good way though. How nice can it be if there really exists such a staircase. It's so like in National Treasure, you know. Gee, I love all these stories. :D
And beyond this ancient portal lies the Word.
Don't get me wrong, cause I did at first and so did Langdon. The Word is not merely a word. The Word (note that it's capitalised), refered to the Ancient Mysteries, which in turn, is the Bible itself. Well, according to what was narrated in the book, the Bible holds wisdom that if falls in good hands, it will enlightened the people, bringing them intelligence and wisdom and closer to God. But if falls in the wrong hands, it can be very dangerous. Who knows, these people might use it for their own selfish purpose to gain almighty power. Uhh, yeah, it's always like that right? Good versus evil. It is predictable. Just that the way a book or a movie is narrated is different. That's where the interesting parts come into play.
Hmm, well, I think now I realise the main aspect of reading a book or watching a movie is based on HOW they are told and presented, not so much to the outcome and stuff like that. But I'm not implying that the outcome and ending and plots are not impportant. They mean a lot to a story as well. Just, you know, yeah. (I've run outta words. Haha)



=)

I prefer Angels and Demons though. Haha. But this is a great book as well. Maybe I just didn't pay much attention to it. LOL.
Yay to self! I'm done with 4 of Dan Brown's books! Just another to go and I'm a Dan Brown reader. LOL. Haha.
The Davinci Code, Digital Fortress, Angels and Demons, The Lost Symbol.
:D


Robert Langdon. Ancient Mysteries. Freemasonry.


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment