Wednesday, April 7, 2010

be it 2-dimensional


7th April 2010
Wednesday



Yup, it's The Clash of The Titans.
I watched it today, in 3D man!
Alright, sinopsis

Well, basically, it's the same storyline as Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief. Remember that movie? Yup, about Zeus and Hades and one more brother whose name I forgotten and also Jake Abel - whose character name I've forgotten as well - was really freaking handsome! :D
Same story here. Zeus and Hades and then Zeus has a son -a demigod - named Perseus. In The Lightning Thief, the name was Percy. Geez, gotta do some research on Greek's history. It's Greek right? I'm sure it must be Greek. Only Greek has such gods. :D No offence.
Heck, studying history of this kind is way more interesting than studying our sejarah man. Our sejarah is nothing but mundane and bland and UNinteresting. I wish we studied about other countries' histories. That would be a lot more enjoyable.

So, talking about The Clash of The Titans. Same thing, the journey to fight Hades but this had more creatures like those you see in Harry Potter and Lord of The Rings. You know, flying creatures, and oh, there's also the Scorpian King! Aww, they were tamed to become a form of transportation later on. How cute. :D And also there's a part which was kinda similar to Pirates of The Caribbean. Heard of the Kraken? Yup, Kraken was in it too. Geez, when Zeus said 'release the Kraken', I expected the creature that was surfacing from the water to be a gigantic octopus. Aww come on, surely you've watched Pirates right? That Kraken was an octopus. Besides, legend has it that Kraken was the most fearsome and massive octopus that dwelled deep under the sea, surfacing only to destroy any unlucky passing vessels.
Or so I thought.
But heck, that creature turned out to be the total opposite of the Kraken in pirates! It has really long tentacles but when it was fully surfaced and risen above sea level, it even has a head with a distorted and ugly face and was roaring with immense anger. For I dunno what the heck he was yelling at. LOL.
Geez, Kraken's not an octopus now. Why??? I want Kraken to be an octopus! It just reminds me of Jack Sparrow. Oops, I mean, Captain Jack Sparrow. Gee, I love Johny Depp! I love Pirates so much man! One thing that I always remember of him is his emphasis on the CAPTAIN when people do not address him with the salutation 'Captain'. He's awesome!
Alright, why am I talking about Pirates now? LOL

Back to Titans then.
Hades was like the batu api you know? The cause for all the tragedies. And also, he was a total hypocrite. To Zeus, he was the goody-goody younger brother who seemed to be so concerned with humans' negligence of worship to gods, which in this case, Zeus. And behind Zeus, he was actually trying to make humans turn their backs upon Zeus and eventually weakening Zeus power. Because Zeus feeds on the love from the people he created, that is the people of Olympus. I think that's the name though. :D
And when people ceased to worship Zeus and declared war between gods and humans, Zeus allowed Hades to make the people turn against each other and since Hades dees on all the bad stuff - hatred, anger -his power grew stronger. And that was his ultimate purpose for all the hypocrisy and pretence. Hades was sent back to the underworld again.
Heck, and I thought I'd prefer The Lightning Thief. :D

And talking about the Underworld, well, Titans' underworld was way expansive and grand than the one in Lightning Thief. Heck, you know the boat that led them to the underworld? This was not a boat, it looked more like a ship! Like those in Pirates, except that it's not as cool as the Black Pearl. :D
And Medusa. Same thing. The snake head and eyes that can turned man into stones if they look into them. Scary creature, really.

But one thing is for sure, the main purpose of the entire journey to confront Hades was different. In The Lightning Thief, it was to confront Hades and convince him that the lightning was not with Percy so war between Hades and Zeus would be stopped. In Titans however, it was to save Olympus from a total wipeout by Hades. Get me? :D

Alright, a final review. I have to say, I prefer The Lightning Thief better. Titans was okay, but watching it in 3D was totally a waste of money. The 3D effect was not much okay? Heck, the only obvious 3D effect was in the subtitles itself. Yeah, the subtitles seemed to be protruded outward. Other than that, nothing else. I expected something like creatures zooming outwards toward us and things that seemed to be escaping from the screen. But no, not even close to that. How disappointing. But I don't regret watching it though. My first time watching movies in 3D. Well, what can I say, it can be improved in its 3D effects. Hopefully Jerry Bruckheimer won't be offended. Haha. He's the director la okay. LOL.
I love him for he produced the Pirates. <3

I still wanna watch Alice though many said it was a waste of money. I wanna watch it because it's in 3D as well and Johnny Depp is in it! He is brilliant! :D

So there you go. Clash of The Titans. It's not that a bad movie after all, but maybe you might prefer The Lightning Thief. Still, don't restrict yourself to movies that you think are nice only. Watch more movies! And you can become a movie critic. LOL.
Be prepared though if you're going for 3D, it would be quite disappointing.
But not a bad movie.
The Lightning Thief was more entertaining. :D

_____

Finally, I've bought my conditioner. For 2 days straight my hair has not been nourished with conditioner. Thank God I bought it. :D
Finally, I passed him the book. The gift. Heck, don't you feel awkward at all wong wei leong? We chat in msn but we don't talk in person. How normal can that be man. Haha. You owe me Subway dude! One car ride after you've got your licence! You owe me that!!! :D

Gee, I need to ask Jiang Kai for the pictures we took today. Well, not that many but still, there was one of me in 3D spects. Haha! And due to that, I was said to be Lady Gaga. And thanks to Chee Leong, he's now calling me Lady Claira. LOL! Lim Chee Leong, I'm not born for you to zat okay? And I'm not born to buat bodoh!!! Haha. :P

______

I wanna buy a pair of new shoes. If possible, Nike! *wink*
Gee, I would really love to have a pair of Nike shoes man. Original! Not those in pasar malam or Petaling Street. Haha.

I want my Lady Gaga picture! LOL. I did not camwhore okay? :P
And also, the group picture we took! And also, the one with the HUGE spects!
Lam Jiang Kai, aku mau gambar!!! :D


Clash. Of. The. Titans.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment