Friday, March 26, 2010

some wise words said


26th March 2010
Friday

I met friend of my dad's today. Uhh, yeah, it's kinda awward though. But, well, I guess God really blessed me and what with my dad now supporting my choice of taking mass comm. And well, it's nice also that he talked with this friend of his and then arranged a 'meeting' with him so that he could advise me on mass comm. Well, thanks.
Gee, seems like I've gotta go through some agonizing moments before I got approval from him.
But, still thanks though.

So he drove me to Bangsar area and he told me we were gonna meet his friend at a mamak stall, which supposedly was to be at Coffee Bean, if I'm not mistaken. Uhh, Coffee Bean? That is something.
And when he told me 'mamak', automatically those road side dilapidated-looking mamak stalls struck me. But then, it turned out to be some kinda high class mamak. LOL. Well, it did look somewhat different okay?
I was thinking to myself, some kinda high class mamak this is. *wink*

And then I saw him waving to someone when we entered. I was like, looking ahead, trying to spot some neat, prim and proper looking businessman or some kind. And I saw a young man, donned in a white long sleeve shirt and with his hair neatly combed back. So I thought that was his friend.
But then, he stopped at 2 tables before that prim and proper guy and came face to face with another guy. He shook hands with him and I shook hands with him too.
I did not expect him to look like this though. Well, I didn't really expect anything also. This guy, his name is Zafrul. He's a CEO and Creative Advisor of an advertising company I think. Then he asked me what I like. I told him I like to write. What kind of stuff that I like to write? Random stuff.
Well, I write random stuff right? And he asked me why I like writing. I told him I had a passion for reading and then I've been blogging and that influenced me or something like that, you know.
Then he started explaining to me about mass communications and the different aspects of it. And since he himself is an art director if I'm not mistaken, he focused more on advertising.

And mostly, it was my dad who asked the questions. Because you know why, I thought this meeting would be in an office or something so I could request to have a little time alone just so I could consult him on mass comm. But never mind. So he asked and I listened. And basically, hmm, I think he's more interested in the salary and stuff like that you know? Never mind. I'll just bear with it. But thanks still the same. He's a really nice guy.

No need for elaborations on what he talked to me about. But there's something about him that assured my doubts though. At the end of the conversation, he still said, it's what you really want. *pointing a finger to his chest*
Well, yeah, he told me about advertising and since I don't do arts, I could go into copywriting. Gosh, anyone told you I dislike arts? I mean, I like to see arts and appreciating them but asking me to draw and paint and whatnot is one heckuva nightmare man! :D
Gosh, my arts suck to the max okay? I never enjoy drawing and painting, well, apart from real painting as in, painting walls and stuff like that you know. *wink*

Though he kept telling me about copywriting and art director stuff, he still said it's what you want. He did say journalism wasn't that good if compared to copywriting if I were to look at it in salary-wise. But then, hmm, I dunno. Copywriting sounds really interesting, and I think I might like it as well. And then I asked him about feature writing. And then later on, he even said about travelling journalist or something. Like, those who travel around the world and seems like a freelance journalist you know. And some even go to war zones. And those are the highly paid ones. Man, I would love to do that. I guess journalism is still my thing though? Gosh, I dunno! Who knows? Just let God guide me. For God is my shepherd. =)

But one thing that still keeps me truly baffled right now is SEGi or Taylor's. Yeah, Taylor's is a really established university college and everyone's advising me to go to Taylor's. But, urgh, gosh, I like SEGi's course actually. And if I were to go to Taylor's, my dad wants me to go overseas, as in, Australia's RMIT, after 1 year of foundation locally. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think I'm ready yet. You can ask me to stay at SEGi's hostel or wherever but not home. But gosh, don't expect so much from me yet. I'm still not ready! Not ready for Australia just yet! =/

And also, talking about the certs, this Zafrul frankly told me that an Aussie cert would be better than a US one because "Australia uses English English while US is American English". That's exactly what he told me okay? I'm just quoting it. :D
So, there you go.
I'm so confused right now.
=(

Making decisions is real hard. Now I realise that man.

God guide me the way.

I'll be going out again later on to Taylor's and appeal for an extension for the scholarship. And hopefully, I could get SEGi's scholarship. I still like communications + psychology. Because that Zafrul said that it's better if I take communications in copywriting as a major and then do a minor in Graphic Design. And so my dad is so into that right now. I cannot imagine myself doing Graphic Design man.
This is hard. =/

God help me please. Let me get SEGi's scholarship please.
I don't think I'll have any peaceful days and nights before this whole college thing is settled.

I'm starting to worry man. Panic. Fear. Anxiety. I'm worried if Taylor's scholarship offer ends and I still couldn't get SEGi's scholarship and then I seriously dunno what am I supposed to do. For the first time in my seventeen years of living, I've never felt so worried and so insecure. I feel like I'm standing on the edge, you know, trying my very best not to fall off. And it's not easy, I assure you of that.

***

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment