Monday, March 15, 2010

imma hunt ya down!

15th March 2010
Monday
First of all, I'm so sorry I forgotten to remind my mum to call the PJ Library to extend the dateline to return my books. Well, today was supposed to be the due date but since I haven't finished reading the book, so might as well let me get done with it first right? *wink*
And as planned, me and my mum went to a few colleges today. I purposely didn't eat breakfast at home because I knew my mum would ajak me out to makan! Haha. Cause she always does that anyway. :D
And our first destination was HELP.
My mum asked, "You had any college in mind already?"
"HELP and UCSI."
"Then we go to HELP first la. We can go to UCSI when we come back later since it's so near."
"Hmm."
(while eating)
Mum : Who won last night?
Me : Lee Chong Wei.
Mum : Good la, he deserves it. He's very cool. Straigh sets ah?
Me: I also didn't watch.
Mum : How come?
Me : I also don't watch badminton one. I watch football la.
Mum : I watched one set only, then I went to bed.
Me : *silence*
Mum : After this then Thomas Cup la. Then after that jau World Cup already.
Me : I also cannot get to watch la.
Mum : Why? Apply for Astro la.
Me : They sure watch all one la. (what kinda English is this man? :D)
Mum : Hmm, go outside and watch la. Most people also go out and watch. They like the crowd.
Me : Hmm
(after makan)
Okay, so my mum's car was blocked by another car when we were leaving after breakfast. And so there she was, talking about double parking in the car. LOL. Gosh, I'll bear that in mind when I drive next time. :D
(in the car)
Mum : HELP, hmm, Damansara, let's see which way to go.
Me : There's a way there through KL right?
Mum : Ah yeah, many ways also can go la. Can use PJ way, can use Bangsar way. It's quite central also ma.
So I guess she used the PJ way. Yeah.
Okay, remember HELP's buildings are kinda scattered? I mean, like Allison told us, the place is like everywhere. So yeah, my mum only knew the building for other courses and A-levels but not the underground one as Mei Kin said. So it was only when my mum drove to the one near Auntie's workplace only I was reminded that we should be going to the main block. *wink* Fine, fine, fine, my fault. :D
And then I told her we should go to the main block and then my mum asked me where it was. And suddenly I had to crack my head again to think where it was. LOL. I told her it was underground. LOL. Like it helped anything. Haha.
Me : I think it's at the other side. Got many shoplots and KFC there one.
Mum : Got KFC ah?
Me : Millenium there.
So she U-turned and that road where she U-turned was so high above it looked more like a flyover man! Well, it is a flyover dude! Fine, fine.
So thank God, we found it after all. And I got a compliment for that. "Luckily you remember."
Nice. :D
HELP University College
So this time, another guy assisted us. His name was Vincent if not mistaken. Vincent Liew, bukan you ah! :D
My first impression of him wasn't that nice though. Haha. Cause he had an earring! LOL. Fine, prejudice. LOL.
But he's nice though. He explained to us and mostly to my mum (lol) about the foundation course and also my eligibility for scholarship (thank God). And the fees and stuff. And MORE stuff. Gosh, sometimes I feel bad that I've taken so many of the colleges' brochures. :P
So thank God, I could apply for scholarship. But not full scholarship though. Hmm, never mind. At least it helped A LOT already man. Thank God so much. =)
Then my mum was like, so decided already that I would be going to HELP or something like that. But I actually still wanted to look at some other colleges first, especially UCSI. *wink*
Then my mum asked me where to next. I said I wanted to have a look at IACT. Okay, off we went!
Mum : Don't go to those small colleges la.
Me : IACT's very big la.
Mum : I also didn't hear it before.
Me : (thinking, LOL)
*wink*
IACT College
So it was not that big after all. I thought it was real big okay? But it wasn't small either. =)
I'm making sense okay? Duh? Haha.
We could see IACT's logo already when we were on the highway. Well, it was perched high on top of the building! Okay, so that building turned out to be Jaya One. Nice.
And guess what? UTAR was just opposite Jaya One too!
Me : Eh, here got UTAR also! *surprised*
Mum : Many places also got UTAR.
Me : *tak boleh support sikit ke? lol* :D
So went into the building after all. We had some kinda trouble locating the college though. Seriously! Because the college itself was kinda hidden okay? Lol. I mean, remember I said the logo was perched at the top of the building? And yeah, so I thought the college's upstairs.
Well, yeah, it was, but I didn't know how to go up! LOL
Then we gotta round Old Town to the rear only we spotted the stairway up.
And that stairway was not those stairway you might think of.
I dunno which stairway you're thinking but I'm assuming you're thinking the stairway that I'm thinking. LOL.
That kinda gloomy and narrow stairway right? So not I tell ya! It was more than narrow man! It was definitely some high society place. Well, it was due to the man-made-swimming-pool-tiled-like mini foundtain cum indoor lake. LOL. That kinda man-made water landscape la! Gosh, I'm having some difficulties using appropriate words man! Haha. Hmm, I hope I'll get through mass comm. LOL! :D
And upon reaching above, it was the complete opposite of what I would expect. Really. The place was magnificent! High class cafes everywhere and it was really awesome! I mean, that kinda ambience you know? How cool was that man. Even the washroom was nicer than any public toilet! Gosh! Haha. Say I'm from kampung but I was just being observant! :D
IACT was right at the end. Kinda quiet though. And I guess another Nilai College outlet will be opened opposite IACT soon. Cause we saw a Nilai College banner hanging before a new unit. Okay, speaking of Nilai College reminded me of Lushan and that in turn reminded me of, someone? LOL. Gosh, back to my blogging! :D
And when we entered, I thought IACT was an arts school man! Seriously! Cause it looked really like a mini gallery, sculptures and paintings were displayed along the walls of the room. Well, the sculptures were in the centre though. =)
And guess what? They even had a Michael Jackson sculpture man! How cool was that! OMG! Love it! :D
Then this guy, an Indian guy who spoke really fluent English, said hi to us. And suddenly, "Nice shirt. Even has a Titiwangsa logo huh."
"Haha, yeah, scouts shirt."
"You don't remember me huh?"
"Huh?" *looking at him in total confusion*
"You had a campfire last Saturday right?"
*uhh, no? we had a kem keahlian? LOL*
"You're from Cochrane right?"
"Yeah."
"Your scouts had a campfire last Saturday right?"
"Uhh, kem keahlian."
"Ah yeah! Kem keahlian. Somebody called me and invited me to go."
"Ohh." *smile*
So I met a senior whom I still have no idea who he was. Haha. he then told me he was dunno what, uhh, something? LOL. I forgotten! Haha.
Then I think he wanted to assist me in my so-called course councelling but then outta courtesy, he asked another lady if she wanted to do so. She was like, anything la. So my 'senior' asked why not I have a seat at the white table over there so we would feel more comfortable.
And then the lady came and explained all about mass communications. And my 'senior' was so nice that he even brought us mineral water. Thanks. =)
So there was this workshop, which will be conductd by IACT itself, will be held on the 25th-27th March. It will actually expose the would-be college students on what creative communications are all about. Not just on journalism la. It's more on the general communications I guess. And there will be field trip as well! Uhh, not to Zoo Negara or National Science Centre though. Not that I would wanna go to these field trips anyway. Haha. But I might wanna go to Zoo Negara! LOL! I've never been there in such a long time already man! Hmm, I used to like to go to the snake's centre. (I dunno what you name that place. Snake's gallery? Snake's hutch? Snake's ground? LOL)
Anyway, as I was saying, the field trip. People, this is real cool I tell ya. They will actually be sending us to places like 8TV, OneFm, SinChew Daily! And one more I forgotten. LOL. But, hey, how cool can that be man?! I wanna go! Gosh, I was already very excited with the idea of that man! I mean, come on, one helluva opportunity to tour these media sites and broadcasting places. OMG! I wanna go! Thank God my mum also told me she wanted me to enrol for this workshop when we left the place later on. OMG! How nice will that be man! :D
But my mum still thinks it's better for me to go for Foundation and not straight away to Diploma. Man, I can totally strike out TARC. Haha. =)
And then next, was uhh, I forgot? LOL. Wait, lemma recall. Hmm, I think it was Taylor's College. I said I just wanna go and see the Lakeside Campus. Well, one thing, it's really brand new and the term 'lakeside' sounds really awesome! :P
Man, Subang Jaya was one helluva congested area! Well, my mum told me that. :D But it really was jam la! Seriously. Cause my mum said the way to Taylor's College Subang Jaya was only one way and which makes it so jammed all the time.
And guess what? INTI was next to Taylor's as well! Nice!
Mum : You wanna go in and ask or not? *indicating INTI*
Me : Okay.
INTI College
Can be so easily recognised by its red star sign. (*) :D
Finding a carpark was another headache. Totally man! And we've gotta walk a distance as well. Never mind. As long as no double parking yeah? Haha!
So we went into INTI. And it was crowded as well. Really. So they don't have Founation courses at Subang Jaya. They only have them in INTI University College which is at Nilai. Okay, Nilai again. LOL. So, hmm, forget about INTI then. But still, no harm done asking more on Mass Comm right? =)
Then upon leaving INTI, my mum said might as well we enquire about Taylor's as well.
I think that guy who assisted us was really trying his best to explain to us about Mass Comm because he himself said he wasn't so sure about mass comm though. But thanks anyway.
Later on, we went to the lakeside campus. Okay, finding a parking lot was a headache just now. But locating this lakeside campus was even more of a problem then. Haha. Yeah right, talking about my sense of direction. Gosh, even my mum who knows so many routes said she didn't know where SS7 was okay? :P
So I was like, rotating the map 180 degrees till 360 degrees on the brochure to locate the campus. LOL.
Thank God we found SS7 after making several wrong turnings. Very funny. *wink*
Taylor's University College
Damn, that campus was magnificent! Did I use that word earlier? Fine, I change. Hmm, it was exquisite! (spare me, I'm preparing myself for mass comm! Haha)
Seriously, the building looked so neat! Nice! The walls weren't of concrete but of glasses! Oh gosh! How nice to be studying there! I envy them now. Haha.
And all of a sudden, I didn't even think of where the lake would be. And I was not reminded of it at all until my mum said how come she doesn't see the lake. LOL. No where to be seen. Haha.
Finally, we both saw it. Okay, the lake was not that nice though. Haha. The water looks murky! LOL. It was dark! Like it was filled with weeds or something! :P
I thought it would look like the man-made landscape I described earlier. You know, the swimming-pool-tiled-like-lake? Haha. Yeah, that one. :D
But never mind. I guess the lake's water will improve though. *still in progress huh? :D*
Okay, I didn't know Taylor's offer scholarship as well. And cool! I could even get 30% off for my degree programme if I pursue it at Taylor's thanks a zillion lot to my results. OMG. Thank God!!! =)
And my mum said if it's possible, then I could consider Taylor's as well. Nice. But then, studying at Subang Jaya would be another problem as well. Yes, you got it right! Transportation. Gosh, PJ is still okay, Damansara is still okay, Subang Jaya is so not okay! It's so far away man! And yeah, well, I had a look at the transportation guide provided by Taylor's itself. And if I were to take the LRT service, the same concept applies. I've gotta take the Ampang Line to Masjid Jamek and then interchange to Kelana Jaya line to KL Sentral and then another KTM Sentul-Klang line to Subang Jaya. Okay, *calculating while thinking* do I have to leave home at 6am in the morning to board the train? LOL. Not that I could use the car anyway.
Well, I don't think Taylor's would be the one for me though. If only I have a car. Hmm, never mind. I'll settle that later on. Gosh, I'm gonna have another college-evaluating-and-deciding session tonight! Haha. God help me. =)
***
Imma gonna have another day tomorrow visiting more colleges with my mum. Okay, breakfast? *wink*
I haven't had dinner yet man! What? Am I undergoing some kinda diet now? Haha. So not! But I've not eaten since after today's breakfast! LOL. That was brunch actually. Urgh, shut up. :P
***
I've called the car instructor this morning. And I think Imma gonna sit for my undang this coming Friday. God help me. And I still haven't finished studying it yet man! OMG!
Chill la. LOL.
***
Dinner jom? :D
***
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment