Tuesday, March 16, 2010

a new found dream

16th March 2010
Tuesday
Yes, another day of college-visiting. And yes again, my mum ajak me out for breakfast! :D Don't call me cunning, I was just obliging. =)
So guess what? My mum took me to McD for breakfast! How nice was that man! :D You know, the one opposite Taman Midah. But then, it was because my mum's friend gave her 2 McD Breakfast Meals voucher. So, yeah, you've got the idea of that huh? :P
And our first destination was UCSI. Gosh, I almost decided to go there already. I mean, that was what I thought I had decided.

So, it was kinda crowded as well. You know, people especially SPM leavers together with parents, like me and my mum, going around, hunting down colleges. LOL. Anyway, that lady who attended to us was kinda cute. She's chubby. :D I like her. Haha. She really looks cute okay? I'm not indicating otherwise. Duh? Don't get me wrong man! :P
So she said I could get partial scholarship, which would be either 40% or 50%. Well, luckily I counted 50% in my comparation of course fees last night. =) Thankfully, I could apply for the scholarship first before I actually register at the college. I did that for Taylor's as well. :D
So I guess Imma gonna be busy tomorrow as well. Urgh, gosh man! I have not even touched my undang book these past few days! God help me!!!
And after that, we went to the PJ Community Library to extend the due dates for both my books.
Mum : Return it will do la, no need so ma fan. You also have no time to read.
Me : *turned to her* Cannot! I read halfway already.
:D
And kena denda 40 cents because I was evidently 2 days late. :P
Then later
Mum : So which college you still wanna go?
Me : Hmm, Segi?
Mum : In Kota Damansara oh.
Me : Subang Jaya also got one.
But only God knows how we ended up driving to Sunway College. LOL.
I mean, we were talking about Segi College and then suddenly said wanna go and have a look at Sunway College also which then eventually led to Monash University.
My mum said that!!! :D
She said Monash is there too. And that she'll take me there to have a look. =)

Okay, this is Sunway College.
Mind you, it was really really really H-U-G-E!!!
Totally man!
I didn't go into the college to have a look but my mum just drove along the border of the building and I tell ya, it stretched from one end to another man! I totally mean it! No wonder Wai Seng said Sunway's campus is like all-in-one. Because it really is. I mean, it's so huge and everything that you want, you can find it in there. And the field was like, twice a standard football field man! OMG! Its boundaries really stretched from one end to the other far end. You should really see it. But then, it didn't look much like a college to me though. It looked more like a contemporary school. LOL.
And then, the next building we visited, was way beyond awesome! Check this out.
You've got it right! It's Monash University.
Me : *staring at this artistic building in awe* This looks more like a college.
Mum : What college ah. This is university status man!
Gosh, you caught me! :D
But man, I like it so much! I fell in love with it almost instantly. I mean, come on, you're looking at one of Australia's top universities man! Gosh, if only I have the money to study here. Hmm.
We went inside though. Biased of me to not going into Sunway College but into Monash Uni? Haha. So not! Duh? :P
And that was one helluva college man! Uhh, oops, I mean, UNIVERSITY! Damn, it was beautifully furnished and designed in a way that it seemed really like I was stepping into Australia. LOL. Yeah right, this is exaggerating. I can't help it man! Cause the building and the univeristy itself were EXAGGERATING enough!
Gosh, talking about Monash, people. :D
Yeah, we even went into the students recruitment room and got some brochures. And yeah, their foundation programmes are way too different from other colleges. And also undergraduate programmes. Man, that's real university! I'm dreaming now, ignore me. :P
Oh, and the fees were way too brilliant as well! If you get what I mean. =)
Later on, we left Monash (satisfied that I've at least been inside Monash), and headed to Kota Damansara's Segi College. Well, at least we thought of going to Segi College Subang Jaya but then my mum said the main one is at Kota Damansara. So she might as well take me to see the biggest of all. And hell yeah, it was HUGE!
And along the journey to Kota Damansara, we had some conver. Read this.
Mum : If next time you get lost also you don't have to worry la. You follow me everywhere and you already know so many routes.
Me : (thinking that I could hardly remember the routes she used these 2 days! gosh!)
:D
So my mum showed me 2 other colleges. KBU and KDU. Yeah, I would never even think of studying at these places man. Oh come on, it's so clear that these places are so damn costly! Well, at least I think they are. :P
Anyway, I just had a look at them and that's it. Hey, I didn't even ask about Lim Kok Wing University. Is that a university status as well? Or college? Hmm, I guess it's uni. =)
This is KDU college.


And this is KBU college.
Okay, KBU college definitely looks way nicer than KDU college! Haha. :D
Alright now, the climx of today's expedition (LOL), SEGi University College!!!

Huge enough to say, H-U-G-E huh? Like, so yeah? Haha.
Gosh, it kinda really looks like those ancient Rome buildings you know? Pantheon? Panthenon? Acropolis? Hang on, what's acropolis already? Well, at least I still remember my history terms. :D (though I don't remember how the buildings look like. :P)
Anyway, its interior was really really really exquisite! Even the main entrance was made in such a way that it looked so damn grand! And also they even provided benches that have those Egypt pyramid lions or whatever you call those. Sphinx right? Yeah, they actually have those designs at the side. And they looked more like for display than to ease people's tiredness. LOL.
Hmm, visiting SEGi was really fruitful. I guess my mum would agree on that as well. Cause before visiting SEGi, it looked like we have already made up our minds to go to UCSI. And visiting SEGi was just for the sake of visiting and enquiring for more information. But that information was actually more than we had expected. And BETTER! :D
So the thing is, I talked to this girl (I dunno if I should address her lady because she looks so young. LOL), who was also a Mass Comm student. And she was really honest with me. She said the cert that I will get when I have finished my degree at SEGi will be a SEGi cert. Which means, it's a local cert and one that is given by the university college itself. And she even told me she herself would not recommend for me to take foundation in commerce (which includes subjects like econs and even accounting!!! Gosh!!!) which then continue with diploma and later on degree.
But what she recommended me was, ADP (American Degree Programme).
If I were to take this course, I will straight away study for a degree and will not have to go through foundation and diploma and then only degree. But that was not the thing I am interested in. The thing that caught me most was the cert that will actually be given by Upper Iowa University in America, which means, I will be getting an America cert that will be recognised almost in all colleges and universities. And besides, I would not need to study abroad. In fact, I just have to do this course for 4 years locally and that is one helluva good thing! Thank God. :D
And also, she recommended me to do a double major. She personally recommended communications + psychology. Well, I kinda like that as well. Psychology has ben my second choice though. =)
Besides, doing ADP for single major in communications and double major in communications and psychology cost the same amount! That is definitely something.
And also, the lecturers are actually from overseas, which in this case, will be from America. Well, that's another good thing.
And, positioned at Subang Jaya makes everything difficult. Yeah, I do realise that. But guess what? They actually have hostels that are in the campus itself. Well, they call those on-campus hostels. And how good can this be man? Well, there's also the off campus hostel but my mum said on campus would be safer although the units for on campus are tri-sharing while for off campus that will be twin sharing. Meaning, if I were to stay in on campus , then I have to share with 2 other people. Well, I can do with that. =) I could make more friends! Nice. =)
But utmost of all, my mum is so keen into this ADP man! That is one green light already! Well, not that I need another green light though. One from my mum is all that I need. And also from God! Thank God. =)
My mum is really supportive with this. I can totally see it from the look on her face and her interest was so obvious man! Thank God!
Reasons for her enthusiasm :
Firstly, because she said she likes the American education system. Unlike the UK education system that studies everything first before the exams (well, I'm still figuring out what that means cause, uhh, ain't everyone studies first before the exams? LOL). Anyway, I think what she meant was, the America education system is more effective and less rigid. I guess so? LOL
Secondly, upon completion of this programme, I would get an America cert, which is one heluva a good thing.
Thirdly, I will be doing it locally. Think about it, studying locally but getting an America cert. Nice huh? :D
Fouthly, there's the scholarship thing. Oops, forgot to talk about that. But then, if, IF, I can get the scholarship, me and my mum's worries will be halved already. Hell, I like their scholarship man! Hopefully *keeping my fingers crossed and praying real hard* that I would get the scholarship. Please please please dear God, let me get this scholarship.
Sixth, I can actually choose to do double major in communications and psychology. I love the sound of it man. Cause this morning, my mum was like, kept telling me studying psychology is really good because it actually studies about human behavorial. So yeah, hopefully I could get the scholarship and then walla! Communications and psychology, here I come! Please God. Help me.
This girl, Michelle, however told me that to take a double major, I have to be really hardworking. And if I'm that kinda taking it easy student, then I'd be better off not taking double major. Hmm, I like her. Being honest is one helluva good thing! Haha.
So, scholarship first now. Oh God, open ways for me to study ADP double majors in communications and psychology at SEGi. Bless me and may I be funded with this scholarship. Amen.
On the way back
Mum : So, more or less decided already?
Me : *nodding happily* (LOL)
God help me please. Thank You.
Pray for me please. Thank you so much.
***
I know what I want now.
***
This is my dream.
***
And thank God I got the offer for Taylor's scholarship. I'll still hold onto that though, while waiting for SEGi's scholarship. Thank You dear God.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. hi claira, hv u started ur adp? i wanna do it too, but psych n hrm... wanted to ask how is it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there. um, was about to do ADP but it didn't work out. i'm doing foundation now though.

    ReplyDelete