Friday, March 5, 2010

mind if i strike that out? oops, sorry

5th March 2010
Friday

So I went to TAR College's Open Day today
Not alone as I thought I would be
But ended up going with my old friend, Marc!
He's changed quite a lot?
Like, really?
He's taller!
So much taller than me!
OMG
And he's wearing bracers now
And he's wearing Spain's jersey?
Duh?
I mean, come on, I thought you're an England fan?
And when I asked him why he was wearing Spain's jersey and not England jersey, he told me he doesn't support England but Brazil
I was like, zzz!
Then why are you wearing Spain's jersey???
LOL
So we changed to Kelana Jaya line at Masjid Jamek
The first time I took LRT to Masjid Jamek
Really a busy spot
What was more, since it's Friday and it was afternoon by the time we reached there, the place was CROWDED with Muslims
I mean, seriously CROWDED
Really!
That was really my first time to witness a mass prayer like that
If this is mass enough, imagine how would it be in Mecca
Woah, could not imagine that man!
And guess what!
That Kelana Jaya line is partly underground!
Seriously!
I didn't know that man!
It's the first time I take Kelana Jaya line
And the stations were completely different
That was awesome!
Reminded me of a scene in Final Destination and also Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban where the Dementors came into Hogwarts Express (is it the right name? I forgotten. gosh!)
And Taman Melati was the second last station
Upon reaching there, we totally had no idea where TAR College is
So we asked a lady seller and she said it's quite far if you walk from the station so she asked us to take a cab instead
And yeah, it was quite far a walking distance
And we still had to walk another distance before reaching the venue for the Open Day
It was at the, umm, what was it called? Sports centre or something
And just as we were about to enter the hall, a guy approached us and told us about this campus tour
And he said there would be a tour at 3pm
Since it was close to 3pm, so we said okay for the tour
And the tour was, well, okay I guess
Some guys sitting far behind were crapping, obviously
Talking bout hot chicks and asking the so-called tour guide where the hot chicks usually hang out
LOL
Lame
Haha
And also they took us to see the hostel
And they even let us see the showroom
Simple, 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 cupboards, 2 chairs
And that was it
And honestly, it was quite flat-like
Okay, I'm sorry!
No offence, really!
But it just didn't seem that appealing?
I'm sorry!!!
And also, the washrooms were at both ends of each level
So, some sharing that is
Hmm, having second thoughts now
LOL
The campus itself was really huge
And yeah, they have facilities
Football field that looked more like a school field
And basketball courts
And cafeteria
And I dunno what else
LOL
Oh, gymnasium!
Which is really strange, weird!
Because you know what?
The gymnasium overlooks the hall
And the arrangements of the gym stuff were weird also!
LOL
No offence
*peace*
So half an hour the tour went
And then we were back to that sports centre
I asked about Mass Comm majoring in Journalism
So basically, the minimum requirement for diploma will be 5 credits and then advanced diploma and then 1 summer semester at Liverpool-something University at London for the bachelors programme and then postgraduate studies
Yeah, the fees were definitely a lot cheaper than other institutions
And the duration for the whole diploma programme is only 4 years or so
But the downside of it is, well, I guess it's more of my personal opinion, are as below :
> No foundation programme which I actually am very interested in it
> A-levels for Arts where the subjects for most packages also include Accounts, either that or Economics (although Marc said it might not be compulsary and how could they ever force a person to study something he/she doesn't wanna study *good point*)
> The big picture of this whole thing as I see it is only diploma. I wanna go further to be honest, well, and kinda ambitious at the same time. Haha
> My impression on the hostel is not that good now ( not that I ever considered living in a hostel if I ever study there)
> Transportation. If I ever study here, I would need to take LRT to Masjid Jamek and then change to Kelana Jaya line to Taman Melati and take shutter bus. Yeah well, going to HELP would require that much hassle as well, but, come on man, it's HELP we're talking about here! I'm not biased okay? Haha
> And for the utmost of all, I still prefer HELP or UCSI! Hahahaha!!!
Spare me man
*wink*
We asked about the shutter bus that goes from the campus to Taman Melati station
And they told us the busses come every half an hour
So it was 4pm and we thought it will come at 4.30pm
And we confirmed with the people and they also told us it'll be at 4,30pm
Right, so we went into the hall and waited
And by the time we came back out at almost 4.30pm, we asked that 'tour guide' about the bus
And guess what?
He told us the bus has just gone
And it was the last bus of the day!
Urgh, gosh man!
So ended up we had to walk back to the main entrance to board a bus
And thank God I brought my grandma's mini umbrella
You know why I brought it?
Actually I didn't wanna bring my bag out
Duh?
I don't like to carry a bag with me when i go out
It feels so, burdened?
Like as though you've gotta carry it with you wherever you go
LOL
But then thinking that putting my purse in my back pocket looked like I was inviting trouble, so finally I also brought my bag
And feeling it was kinda light and empty, I just chucked in the umbrella as well
Haha
Didn't know it turned out to be THAT useful today!
Thank God!
=)
Thank God also we found our way out to the main entrance through the roof-ed alleyways and thank God a Metro bus just arrived at the station when we were outta there
=)
So we disembraked at Wangsa Maju station and back to Masjid Jamek
Talking about makan on our way there
And it was close to 5pm already when we reached Masjid Jamek
LOL
So McD we went
Talked for so long with Marc about random stuff?
Well, not really random, but, still random I guess?
Haha
About prom!
OMG
And school life?
And books?
And so much?
Haha
Also, a college girl student approached us
She was doing a charity work actually
So we instantly donated 10 bucks each and eventually started a conversation with her
She's from Sunway College and she was like, warning us not to go there because for some reasons
Not gonna tell it here though
Talking about high society huh?
*wink*
Gosh
That was one hella day!
And you know what?
Earlier on, my mum texted me and told me to have a good day
Yeah well, I did
And not only was it a 'good' day, it was a wet day as well!
Haha
And I was dead tired while waiting for my mum to pick me up from the station
I had to wait for about 20 minutes or so before she came because she had to fetch my brother first
Hmm, by the time I reached home, it was already 7.20pm
Cool huh?
I am dead tired by now
Conclusion, a no-no for TAR College
Sorry mum, I know this is hard but I will make it through, by God's grace hopefully
Don't worry so much, I won't burden you
There'll be a way
Have faith
Thanks
Thank God
To Marc, thanks for the books!
I dunno when I can return them, but, sabarlah!
Haha
=)
*OUT*
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment