Sunday, December 13, 2009

facon edu fair '09

12th December 2009
Saturday
So there was this Facon education Fair at PWTC
Gonna be held for 2 days
Saturday and Sunday
I left home at about 12.35pm?
Thought I was gonne be late you know
Then I went to the LRT station
Omg
Damn embarassing
I thought I was supposed to take the Sri Petaling line
I mean, yeah, going to Sri Petaling that route
Then I was like, isn't PWTC at KL?
And I kinda remembered, vaguely, that PWTC that station is like, before Sentul?
Is it?
The last station
Yeah
I remembered as such
Lol
Luckily the train going downtown just came in time when I crossed over to the opposite side
Never mind what I'm saying
Lol
Embarassing moments never leave me alone do they?
Hee
So I was in the train
And then at a station, forgotten whether it was Bandaraya or Plaza Rakyat, Jia Jia and her friend came in
And I saw them and they saw me
But they disembarked at Sultan Ismail, or was it Bandaraya?
Urgh
Forgotten
Hee
Soree
xD
Then dropped of at PWTC
Guess who I saw?
Pauline and Zoey
From cp that is
And they were going to the edu fair too
So I said I was waiting for a friend and we'll just meet at the fair later
Then
Pui sing was late!
Lol
It's okay
Just that, 2 trains went past
And I didn't realise she replied my message
Okay
Sorree
Hee
And so she overslept
Xpe xpe
=)
Then guess who else I saw?
Omg
I saw Kah Soon first
He was in front of us
And he was like, turning behind and looking at us
Then only I realised it was him
And together with him were Kum Hoh and Kin kit they all
Omg omg omg!!!
Long time didn't see them man!
My bro!
Hee
Then we went to PWTC
Man, that was a huge crowd I tell you
I didn't realise there were 2 levels you know
I mean, 2 levels of the exhibition
Never mind that
We were on the 2nd level at first
Yeah
Not that we realised that
So we walked around and then went to this booth
UCSI if not mistaken
It was a guy
Kinda like in his 30s or so
A chinese guy
He talked to us bout our choices
Pui sing kinda had a few choices
Business, biotech or biomedic
So pro man those field of study
Haha
*I'm stil not so sure what's biotech all about. Lol. Hee.*
Then went around
Took so many brochures
Saw Zoey and Pauline again
And also Joely and Chun Nam
And also Yiwa
And i think I saw Derek
One of my ssg friend
But I don't think he recognised me
Then there was this booth
I think it was Brickfields, yeah
Also a guy
Indian
Okay
I hope it's not true
And probably it was just my mistake
I thought I smelt alcohol
Omg
Sorree
No offence yeah
Hope I was just all wrong
But that guy was convincing enough
But then, not my interest also
Brickfields was like, more to business?
More for pui sing then
Nevertheless, helped to fill in forms and just listened to him
Honestly, he was convincing
I mean, he explained to us about stuff
And really understood that if we were ever to further our studies overseas, that would be very costly
That was why he told us that, I mean, encouraged us to take their local course
Something like that
I mean, they have 3 pathways la
2 of them were overseas
And the last one was kinda like, locally but overseas stuff
Understand yourself
Hee
Then we went to the 1st level
I mean, the one downstairs
Omg
You're so not gonna believe this man
When we went down
the first booth we saw was, Diploma in Football
We were like, what?
There's actually diploma in football???
Seriously!
I mean, football also need diploma?
Cause I was thinking, football is all about training and practices and tactics and you know, discipline all those stuff
I mean, I didn't know that you have to study football in a college?
Man, that would be so cool!
Totally!
Hee
So this guy saw us
Obviously, a young man
And true it was, he told us he's still a student
And he's taking this diploma in football course
Awesome man!
So he saw us, and he was like, "Interested in football?"
Pui sing said, "Man U."
And I said, "Liverpool."
Hee
And so he said, "There's no Man U fan here but there's a Liverpool fan here."
Hahahahaha
=)
And he asked us to have a seat and just helped him to fill in some forms you know
Then he kinda explained to us what this course was all about
Clearly, we had a wrong perception about this
Haha
It wasn't about playing on field
It was kinda like, management of a football club and such stuff you know
And he told us that for girls, if they're interested, they would normally go for finance
Like, managing finance of a football club
And I was more interested when later he said that after we finished this course, we can work for any EPL clubs!
I was like, O-M-G!!!
I mean, come on, you're serious???
Maybe I can work with Liverpool FC man!
Cool!
Haha
Then he asked us if we've just finished SPM
So we told him yeah
And then he asked us what school we were
And when we told him Cochrane, he was like, "Cochrane? Jalan Cochrane?"
I thought he was gonna tell us that he was from there too
But what he said was, "That used to be my home! They robohkan our houses and build your school!"
Hahahahaha
Nah, he wasn't angry or serious la
He was smilling too
And we were laughing?
Lol
And just as we were leaving, another guy came
Also Indian
And obviously with that football diploma thing also
He was behind us
And he was like, mimicking in chinese
Lol
Hee
Very funny la they all
Then they both kinda like, saying bout football?
And he said he's a Liverpool fan
I said I'm too
Haha
He even high-fived me
xD
Then pui sing was like, "Why all also Liverpool wan?"
Hahahahaha
Cause Liverpool jusst rockz!
xD
Then went to UTAR
And also TARC
I dunno
My mum told me to opt for TARC
Hmm
Maybe I'll go to TARC
Also checked out HELP
That was what my dad asked me to go for
Then took some brochures on Culinary, Tourism and Hospitality that field for Khye vern
Seriously, I think she'll go for Berjaya or maybe Taylor's
All the best!
=)
I dunno what to get for Kenneth!
Omg
Hee
I mean, he couldn't come for this edu fair
So just thought of bringing some back for him
Hmm
Sorree
I really dunno what you're interested in
But got some General guide for you too
Hee
=)
Hope it helps
Then there was this hmm, Baking Academy
That was a really famous one
Cause my mum told me that before
Well, when I thought I was gonna take up Culinary Arts
Haha
Look how my interest has changed
Lol
And they were baking you know
And they even had Ginger Bread!
Reminded me of ws
Cause he's personal message wrote something about gingerbread
Lol
Then pui sing took one gingerbread
And we shared
Hee
Then
Okay!
Went to this booth
Hmm
Saw Kum Hoh they all again
And they were under councelling
Uh, I mean, the person was explaining to them about courses?
Hee
Same booth
And we were drawed to that too
This guy came and gave us brochures
And asked us what courses we wanna study
And so he asked us to go in and there was this councellor
An Indian guy
Btw, that booth was UCTI
Used to be known as APIIT
Bear with me
You'll know why
This guy
At first he asked us what courses we were interested
So we told him
And he started talking bout the courses and you know, pathways after SPM and stuff
But guess what?
Slowly, he was drifting away from the main topic
Hee
He started talking bout getting A
Not the usual A in exams and stuff you know
What he meant A was A in everything you do
And he told us this story
He had a student
Hmm, maybe not his student
But he knew one student
Form 1 student
And you know, there's Geography right
So the students were required to draw maps of Peninsula Malaysia and then label the states
But this student
He or she did extra
He/She not only drew and labelled but also drew small flags on the states and coloured them
And when this councellor asked the student why he/she did that, he/she answered, "I wanna get A, sir."
That was cute
I wouldn't even think of that man
Haha
Then he also showed us
Mathematics
23 x 25
If not mistaken
He said, "You can use calculator right? But I prefer to do it my way."
And he showed us how he counted
He didn't even use calculator you know
He just drew lines and kinda showed us
Man, he got the answer
Omg!
I was, mesmerised?
Fulamak
xD
Then he continued
And he kept saying like, "I'm sorry, it's really me. I really like to make sure you all understand. And I'm not here just to promote the courses. I really want to help the students."
He's nice
Really
He's really like a father you know
And then he even pointed out to us those students that are still studying at UCTI and those he registered for
And also he told us his current Manager, used to be his student
And he registered him himself
That was totally awesome man!
Really
And he told us he was really proud of that student
And he really admired his manager a lot
Man, that feeling is just great, don't you think?
Hmm
=)
And he told us lots about UCTI
And they really celebrate 60 over countries' national day
Cause those countries were like, collaborations with UCTI
Then he even told us that at UCTI, students were not allowed to wear T-shirts, jeans and slippers
We were like, huh?
Don't tell me uniforms again?
But no
He told us impression is very important
And the students there, would have to always wear formal
He told us that, the environment changes a person
And if the environment is good, then the students will be too
I totally get that
Yeah
Hee
Then he told us many other stories
Not to be rude or what
I almost yawned
Don't get me wrong
He was a really nice and caring councellor
I like him
I even considered going to UCTI
Really
That would be so nice to have such a councellor
I guess we were with him for more than half an hour
Or maybe 45 minutes
The ending part was, him telling us about the fees and courses and stuff
And hey, he was good
He kept asking us if we had any questions and told us to treat him as a friend
And ask anything that we were still unclear of
He's nice
=)
And then before we left
He gave us each a set of all the courses you know
I mean, those brochures
And with a plastic bag
Man, very nice what that bag
Hee
Very colourful
Lol
By the time we left UCTI's booth
It was already 4something you know
I guess it was 4.20 like that
Wow
Time really flies huh
It sure did
Hee
And very the fast
xD
Oh yeah
Before that, we saw Kai Jun, Chee Leong and Chee Hoe also
Hee
You know, at that Gingerbread booth there
I mean, the Malaysian Baking Instistute
Yeah, that was the name!
I forgotten just now
Hee
=)
So around 5 or so
We left
Facon Education Fair '09
xoxo just for you
claira.xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment