Saturday, July 16, 2011

500 days of summer


I watched this today. Boy meets girl, girl doesn't believe in love, boy is crazy over girl, girl kisses boy, boy and girl get together but not considered boyfriend/girlfriend, boy speaks out, girl wants things to end, boy is devastated. Heartbroken. Like me now.






I guess at some point, I was just like Summer. Never believe in love not because it is a fantasy but because you know the risks. You know the danger of falling for someone, and getting attached to him and that one day, it's all gonna end. But what is so ridiculous is that, we know the risks and that the day we dread is stealthily creeping towards us. And when that day comes, you suddenly become so vulnerable and unable to control yourself, lest of all your emotions. You just get so used to that someone and now that you're all by yourself, you seem lost. Lost, broken. I guess broken is more like it. Some are pretty strong, some aren't so lucky. Some are just pretending to be strong because that's what they have to do. And some, they won't know that they could be strong until someone reminds them or being strong is the last resort. 

It's such a pity, you know. Something that was once so magical, so lovely, so mesmerizing, is now gone. Lost into the winds. I don't think there were that much breakups back then in the olden days than what we have now. I mean, people back then were really, great you know. Seriously, why on earth do breakups even exist? No, seriously. Come and think about it. I thought problems are meant to be solves, not avoided, not trying to run away from it. Mistakes are mistakes, people make them and that's perfectly normal. Why can't there be second chances? Why can't there be the mending up process? Why can't there be apologies and chances for improvement? Why are there so many whys that no one can explain to me?




The 500th day in the movie was on the 23rd of a month. 23rd. Why that day?


I've come to the realization that, romance movies are pretty scary. They're just like scars from the past that remind you of some memories that hurt you so badly.


I know I can go through it all by myself. I know I can finish this journey on my own. I know I can mend up this broken heart even if there are cracks all around it. I know I could do all that. But has it occurred to you that maybe I do not want to do it alone?


Girls are so naive. At least I am. 
Tonight, it still hurts, the heart and the eyes burn from tears.





I want a guardian like Bumblebee. So I would be rest assured that I'm always in safe hands. I really wish there are Autobots. And perhaps I could take the role as Sam Witwicky. =']

2 comments: