Friday, March 2, 2012

witness to a blessing in disguise


Behold! One of the biggest star and also my all-time favourite icon was in town a couple of weeks back. Who? 

None other than the pop punk princess Avril Lavigne! 

Yup, you heard it right. I never thought I would have the chance to see her performing live especially since the last concert I went to was not very long from this show. Of course, I knew how strongly the voice inside me was urging me to do whatever it takes to get myself to see her. Then there was also another voice, which is always the case, that persisted so badly against me going, especially when it comes to money matters. :P

I really do thank God very much. You may say it's luck, I would prefer to call it God's blessing. :)

Somehow, my entry for a particular contest was showered with God's love and blessing and tadda! I had to admit I was in quite a trance when I received that mail of congratulations. The sheer amazement and joy were gifts that cannot be bought by cash. I could just be the luckiest and happiest person on earth at that instant! 

Unfortunately, there were pretty upsetting accounts prior to that night of performance. To shorten the otherwise pages-long story, it was actually like that:

Early in the morning, I was so pumped up that THE day has finally arrived and hence, wasted no more time after breakfast to redeem my tickets. Who knew that the office was not opened on a weekend and of course, calling the office number had turned out to be completely futile. Immensely dejected and sad, I returned home and was just too disappointed to do anything much. Not to mention the flu has hit me yet again. You know, if momma is separated from me, I don't know if I can live my life the way I live it now. No, really. She immediately told me what I should do, this and that. In the afternoon, she drove us to the stadium and to make matters worse, the rain started dropping harder and in bigger drops than the ones before them. Momma did all the talking and convincing and pleading and everything she could. Fast-forward and the second time I was at the stadium was in the evening. Me and bro could only cling onto the hope that the people had settled it among themselves and would give the tickets to us. It turned out to be a far cry from being easy. They refused our pleas because they say "it's not them handling my contest." Then momma came as well, because I told her I might be able to get another pair of tickets. So for almost 2 hours, we waited, and waited, and still waited. This guy, Ferhad, I'll never forget his kindness and generosity. Despite all the complications that had dawned on us and him, he gave us 3 tickets and made our night the happiest ending there could ever be.

Two things momma said that had been ingrained in my mind.

"Blessing in disguise."

I think so too. Momma said the ultimate lesson of the entire day. All the hard work, all the disappointment and suffering, all the hopelessness, it comes down to one thing: Perseverance. I know it's a test from God. There's nothing in life that is easy and free. But if you continue to keep going and not give up hope in yourself and most importantly in God, He will shine the way and lead you to you goal.

"I will fight for your tickets."

When momma said it to me, I realized at that instant that even if I do not get to attend Avril's concert, I would not regret it. Maybe momma would not realize it but those words meant the world to me. They make the tickets seem unimportant. They make every bit of energy from us worthwhile. They make me a daughter who can never be prouder of her mother. They make everything look so minute. They make love the ultimate winner.

Yes, even if we do not get the tickets to go on that night, I would not regret it. I know I wouldn't. Because after all, I've seen what a mother's love can do to her children.



Thank you God, Thank you momma. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment