Friday, March 2, 2012

into Mowgli's terrain


The weekend 14 days ago was the most pumped up one by far this year. For two days straight, I had activities planned out right before my eyes. After Saturday's concert at Stadium Merdeka, which was a pretty brief one and far from my expectation of a pop punk princess as Avril, I had another day ahead on Sunday that was definitely gonna be filled with more intense and muscle-provoking activities.

What initially turned out to be a mere proposition took no time in transforming into a planned event. What's more, there were more people attending that I had thought so. Quite reluctant at first but later receded to it. Besides, I was the one who went gaga over the idea of walking the canopy walk.

Yup, FRIM's canopy walk. A canopy walk should be one every human's must-do list before one leaves this place. You know, just go ahead and take in the beautiful scenery from a monkey's point of view atop a tree and not concentrating on how many metres high you are from the ground.

Sometimes I find that I'm pretty good at getting lost. Really. I woke up almost an hour later than I intended and being so groggy at that time, my mind was having a private conversation with itself of what time I was supposed to wake up. Good thing it didn't ask why did I wake up that early. :P

So it happened. I got lost again and everyone was sorta waiting for my arrival. Urgh, I felt bad enough already without you people staring at me. :P

The awkwardness was absent from my first face-to-face meeting with the silly Huei Yeng. I bet she's easily identifiable among the group for being the loudest of all. We hastily walked off to locate the ticket counter for the canopy walk. Well, that was the ultimate force that drew me to FRIM. 

The walk took, the whole morning. The canopy walk was new to me and I was super excited when I finally climbed up those stairs to the second level of the tower. I felt like a ranger already. :D


By afternoon, we had reached the point where we began. You know, sometimes the seemingly simplest thing is actually the most difficult to decide. Like, where to eat?

Man, I've always had trouble when people ask me this question. Don't ask me that.

Lunch, done.
Badminton, here we come. :)

Gee, how long have I stopped playing badminton? I know, I know. Laziness speaks louder here, I'll just keep my mouth closed tight! So the consequence for such intense sports after a super long hiatus? Extreme muscle ache the next day. And the day after. And the day after that. Ouchhhh!

FRIM canopy walk. Check!
I shall make a things-to-do-before-I-die list and this would be the first I'll check it! :D

Thanks a bunch mate for making this event a success. Psst, I only suggested, so no credit to me. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment