Friday, March 30, 2012

mockingjay



Holla! 

I'm practically THE most accomplished human on earth right now. At least I feel so! :D

My holidays? I could say they're pretty complete by now.

Wrath of the Titans; checked.

THE HUNGER GAMES; CHECKED! :D

Yes, I could proudly declare that my holidays will end awesomely. 

I was the one who wanted so badly to watch The Hunger Games. So when I brought it up to my bro, he on the other hand, proposed another movie. I guess it was the first time he ever requested to watch two movies altogether. Well, request granted. So was mine. And two movies shall we watch!

Wrath of the Titans was, alright. If you've watched the prequel, you;ll understand what I mean. Really, even bro said so himself that the previous one was better than this sequel. Character development was not so thorough, I would say. But there were two characters that stood out among the rest. And not to mention both share a handsome amount of humour. Argenor, the demigod son of Poseidon and Hephaestus, the seemingly insane old man who made the weapons of the Gods and also Tartarus, the ultimate prison of the underworld. Argenor reminds me of Jack Sparrow; his smirk, his quirkiness, his mischief and his sense of direction. HA! For Hephaestus, he's well, he's just the quirky self-talking Einstein-like knows-it-all genius. He does remind me of a certain character, but one that I cannot recall now. :)

Synopsis: Sam Worthington, Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson star once again as gods at war in "Wrath of the Titans," under the direction of Jonathan Liebesman.A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus (Worthington) -the demigod son of Zeus (Neeson)-is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year old son, Helius.Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity's lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades (Fiennes) and Poseidon (Danny Huston). The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld.Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus' godly son, Ares (Edgar Ramírez), switch loyalties and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans' strength grows stronger as Zeus' remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth.Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike), Poseidon's demigod son, Argenor (Toby Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Bill Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.

Source : GSC



If you've never watched the first one before, then this may not be a great disappointment to you at all. It's still worth watching, at least there are an additional of new characters, be it giants or part-animal-part-human or even the nastiest volcano-bodied entity.


But Zeus perished! No, I don't mean to provide spoiler but, Zeus, dead? I was like, hang on, isn't he a God? And that brings me to ponder over the circumstance whereby he became so weak that he was brought to a military camp after being rescued by Perseus and the whole army was like, "Hail Zeus!" or something like that. Did he just became a mortal? :P Alright, that aside, but, him gone? What would become of the Olympus? You know, that Mount Olympus or Olympia or whatever it is called that they live? What would become of Hades? He is all that's left among the three brothers now anyway. No more gods, no more meanies, no more war. And no more sequels henceforth. :D #imjustsaying



Imsoexcitedicouldbarelybreathe!

Whoever has been in my vicinity for the past week knows fully well about my recent obsession. Especially my momma. Because every time I spot something that has the slightest connection with The Hunger Games, I would burst out its name. Or even when I don't see anything about it, I would still do the same. Or even when I feel like shouting its name. Or when I feel that quietness is too great around us. :D #getusedtomyquirkiness

I'VE FINALLY WATCHED THE HUNGER GAMES!

No, you definitely will not understand my extreme excitement. No one could, because I couldn't as well. I thought back of the reason for my sheer eagerness towards this movie, and I hit a dead end. No reason, I just did. Perhaps the influence just got too contagious and so happened I opened myself so easily to its power. I'm happy though. :)

They look so good together. :)


Synopsis: Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. Part twisted entertainment, part government intimidation tactic, the Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which "Tributes" must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


Source: GSC

Honestly, those people at The Capitol look more like Oompa Loompa to me. You know, really distinguished make-up, colourful hairdos, long and coloured eyelashes, short, stubby and elaborated moustache. They would make the perfect companions to Oompa 
Loompas. :D 


The people behind this Hunger Games are sickening. No, I don't direct this to the real people. What I mean is those controlling the game when I thought it's supposed to be a fair and survival-centred competition. They altered the whole situation and change it from a safe refuge to a highly dangerous battlefield. Really sickening! Well the game itself is sickening already. They should might as well select people from The Capitol and make them fight to death and see what would their reactions be. 


Nevertheless, it's a great story for people like us to think, and to ponder over the fact that such circumstances have taken place and may still be existing in this world right now. It calls for mercy and sympathy, not entertainment. How brutal and bloody some people can be. Not even a day after the game started that more than half of the Tributes have been slain already. Imagine what people in reality can do to others just for the sake of entertainment or as an enforcement of power and authority. That's plain exploitation. Man, this book can be studied as a literary work. :D


It's amazing when imagination is involved. Gee, you can instantly plant a tree right in the middle of a remote jungle just by a few touches on screen from where you are at, say in a laboratory or something. And even create creatures that have the looks of a dog and an unrecognisable beast. Oh, and apartments that are so darn futuristic! I'd definitely kill to have one. No, not kill. I'll figure something else. :) Their train is by far more advanced than what the world has now too. If that day would dawn upon this earth in the future, I would hope to be able to live till then and witness it. IF. :)


You know that feeling when you watch a movie that really touches the bottom of your heart and there is this one character you inspires you or that you want to relate to her and be like her so badly? Yeah, some films do so to me and this one especially does. Perhaps why we feel so connected to this film is because it's teenagers that are involved in such bloody battles. We feel so ourselves. We're not grown ups, we still have fears in us. I'm not sure I can survive in a jungle on my own knowing that I am going to be killed any minute. Scary isn't it? I wish I could be like Katniss. She's such a strong and tough girl. Mind you, she can even shoot so well! :D


This might seem overrated but it's not. I tell you, it's not. I can relate to it as I watched it. It's meaningful, it's a beautiful piece of work. 
I'm so proud to be a fan of The Hunger Games. :D


Watch it. :)



The Hunger Games! (Y)

I wouldn't mind watching a second time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment