Wednesday, March 21, 2012

just another step stone


Two years back, I was the one who had to endure cold feet and an adrenaline rush throughout the night. I was the one getting excited like little kids waiting for Santa with minute preparations. I was one of those who was busy exchanging greetings and wishes to anyone and everyone. I was one of those who could still fall soundly asleep even if the earth had spun the other way round despite many people's insomniac night. :)

Really, I am so sure I had fallen asleep within minutes when some other people had thought I was outta my mind for being able to do so.

It was THE thing of that time. But things will come to pass. Just like how it did.

Two years later, and here we are. SPM results release date. And this time, the anxiety fell on my bro. Or more like post-restlessness. 

Some weep, some jump from joy, while there are those who are so darn cool! But like I said, it's not the end of the world. Really, this is merely one small phase in life. There is a whole life out there waiting for you to explore, waiting for you to adventure, waiting for you to make mistakes, to fall and to not give up. If you think your results are best among the best, good for you. If otherwise, you are not alone. How many great people out there have not failed before they come to the point they are at now? You may fail, but do not be defeated.


Hey, you'll be just fine. :)

I promise you.

Ahh, I only realized it today how terrible I am at consoling people. Need more practice! Whoever's willing, you know who to turn to. :)

Oh, and because bro wanted me to fetch him to school to get his results, I spent some not-so-quality time roaming the grounds of my alma mater. Ahh yes, how long has it been already? Two years! I can't believe my SPM happened two years ago!

That is, 365 days x 2 x 24 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds x ...

Never mind that.

Standing below the archway, I cast my glance across the horizon. All those moments we spent together on that field came seeping through my mind. Those times when Scouts activities were among the most enjoyable and exciting stuff I did in school. Our tedious and constant practice for marching for Sports Day. Nearer still, the open basketball court where that silly yet strong-willed bunch of us voiced our desire so affirmatively to continue practising even big, heavy droplets of rain were beating down upon us. And on those asphalt grounds were the familiar routes that we took during our 3U.

Behind me were the crowd of anxious and restless students, impatiently waiting for the release of their harvest. It did the magic. I thought back on that particular day when I shared the same fate as them, only to have escape a long and droning speech from several teachers announcing the good news. Good to have escape that during my year, really. Thought back about how I came later than many of my friends did and dreaded claiming that slip from my teacher. I miss that day, so much. You see, after you have left high school, your life changes almost dramatically. No more eagerly waiting for the school bell to ring, no more being afraid of spot checks, no more noisy sessions in class when teachers are absent for lessons, no more the roles of class monitor and assistant monitor, no more day-to-day homework, no more tension-filled examinations, no more cheating in class (an honest confession here :P), no more making a clown out of myself just for the sake of lightening the atmosphere, no more crowding around one person and pestering him or her to spill the beans, no more such days. Give a thought about it won't you? I've heard many people whining and complaining how they dislike their high school life and how much they wish to get past that stage. Not for me though. I wish I did more fun things during high school, I wish I had my naughtiest stories to tell to my children or grandchildren next time as I proudly show them my year book. It's simply the best time of my life. And those friends? You'll definitely not regret knowing them. I don't regret knowing all my friends in both the high schools that I had attended, I only regret not preserving that close connection we used to share. 

And why does this seem to be turning into a sentimental expression? :P


Just because two years have passed and I have seen my own reflection in the happiness and tears of these kids today, that doesn't mean I have grown old already. Mind you, I am still 19!

I refuse to be 20. HA-HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment