Monday, March 19, 2012

to you who's not lost



People come and go in our lives. Some with good reasons, some with no apparent reasons at all. Some stay for good, some will leave you wondering why were they sent to you at all. So happened I met one of these people. I've heard stories of her even before I had met her. But never had it occurred to me that one day in the near future, she'd make such a huge impact in my life.

I've heard of her. She's strong, she's tough. Tougher than her looks tell, stronger than those around her expect her to be. She exhumes a sense of independence that calls for admiration. Her sense of humour, though often beyond absurdity, never fails to act as a source of entertainment. That ambitious mind she possesses, could easily break walls of barriers and march through fortresses of obstacles. Mature, because of her all-rounding consideration for herself and plans for her life ahead. Yet also naive, because of that unending quest for fun and enjoyment. Serious, because of her passion in what she has set herself into. Yet obliging as well, for her constant concern for those closed ones around her. 

Friends of mine have been completely baffled about us. About the reasons behind our closeness and our friendship. But you see, if others can be so puzzled, why not myself? I had not anticipated that such a bond would form between the both of us. But it has and I can never be any happier and more grateful about it than I am now. There isn't the need to wonder or be doubtful of the presence of such a friend in my life. Because even if I do so with as much effort as I could muster, it all comes down to the same conclusion. I have found a great friend, and there need not be a valid explanation behind it all.

I am grateful, I truly am. It's been a wonderful journey from strangers to being inseparable sisters. Yes, I do care for her very much. I care for her feelings. I am affected when she becomes upset. I am glad for her when she is in high spirits. When troubles come to greet her, I am here to listen. And vice versa.

She has turned 20 this day. Though separated by a vast ocean of miles apart, I am still here to celebrate and be joyous for the arrival of this day. I have no presents nor gifts that I could send to her. All that I want to tell her is I appreciate her very much for being a great friend to me. I hope for all those times we spent together, I had been a friend that you enjoyed having by your side. And that you still do. Though I have one thing to add, that is I am not sorry for all the lame jokes I said to you. :)

I know you well, at least to the extend that I am fully aware of. Don't dwell on the past of which hurts you. Instead, open your eyes and unlock that padlock to your heart. There are people around you who love you more than you could ever imagine. You'll understand my meaning. :)


And, even though you are in so very a distant place, do not forget you are never alone. It's your birthday, and it's the biggest day of the year for you. Never let anything spoil that fun  this day. Go buy a cake, drink champagne and get wild. Just not too wild. Make a wish, one that will happen in the future, not something from the past. Buy yourself something special, you deserve it.


Happy Dearest 20th Birthday to you. :)

You know who you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment