Sunday, October 9, 2011

a show worth endless praises


Remember the times when "Uptown Girl" was a song everyone knew how to sing along to? Do songs like, "Flying Without Wings", "You Raise Me Up" and "My Love" ring a bell to you?

Of course they do! They're like the hottest boy band in town! Well, at least they once were in this contemporary music era. But still, once you've earned that status, no one will ever forget. Just like Westlife. ;D


So this legendary boy band was in town over the weekend and Malaysia was one of their stations in their now Asia Tour. And why am I making such a big fuss out of it?


BECAUSE I GOT TICKETS TO WATCH THEM!!!

Okay, not tickets. I only managed to get one and we had to buy another one on that same exact day. How, um, last minute right? ;P But yeah, I've noticed that I'm always plunging myself into dead-ends and then making exceptionally crucial yet spontaneous decisions. ALWAYS. Hopeless man! ;P



Aishhhhh, that's so tiny! Why so tiny? =(

Anyway, to sum up everything that occupied most of our time on Friday, the day of the concert, I'll just say, I won a bronze ticket to Westlife's concert! How awesome could that be! I was literally thrilled. Wayy over the moon was how I felt at that point when what Jeremy posted confirmed my confusion. I really am thankful for the ticket and the amazing time we had during the concert. It was truly my first time experiencing a real concert and what's more, it was a popular classic boy band concert that I have attended. Words just can't describe all that I felt on that magical night these boys presented.


The moment they sang "You Raise Me Up", the atmosphere became a place that took everyone's breath away. Even Shane admitted to that. You just have to be there to know how it all feels. Ever saw that video of Michael Jackson singing "Will You Be There" with all the little children and maybe some are not children holding candles and only those tiny flares light up the whole place? Yeah, that's how the stadium was transformed into. 





I may not have known many of their songs prior to this concert I've attended. But frankly, I couldn't have been more enjoyed and entertained throughout the night. I would do it all over again even if it means risking my voice due to prolonged screaming. ;P


Good thing they did Uptown Girl. I mean, how could it be complete without this hit song? In fact, if you ask me, I think it's the one song that had me falling in love with this band. But of course, I've known several others of their songs and will definitely get to know many more. Psst, I've downloaded most of their albums. ;P


"So much thanks to Jeremy Teo and Red FM Malaysia for giving me a free ticket to Westlife Asia Tour in Malaysia 2011 and to Liew Eternal for willing to rush back for it. Most of all, thank God for this really lucky day. I'm so thrilled! ;DDD <3"


It was a very lucky day for me- Friday. I believe it really was and I can hardly deny that what with all that I have experienced on that day. So much thanks, so much love. <3


I'm hoping for Backstreet Boys to come to Malaysia some time soon. Let's cross our fingers and hope they would follow the footsteps of Westlife. I'll be waiting, that's for sure. ;)


Thank you, you all gave a terrific performance. I LOVE YOU, Westlife

No comments:

Post a Comment