Sunday, October 30, 2011

for it's friendship that saved us



So true. That's why we talk, and we talk, and, we just talk. ;)

What was supposed to be drop-by-to-pick-up-some-stuff turned out to be a get-together-time for me and a long time buddy. From the front gate, to the car porch, and then on to the living room.

Dude, you're thinking a tad bit too much here aren't you?

;P

I walked to his car porch because the stuff that I needed to get was inside his car. But just by standing there itself could have us talking until the drizzle came for the invitation to get cozy in the house. And so the conversation just went on, and on, and on.

For 4 hours.

Oops.

Until the drizzle turned into a violent downpour and cast a gloomy ambiance in the living room.

Sometimes I feel like my mother. Because whenever she gets together for a cuppa coffee at a cafe with her close friend, they would simply lose track of time and get drifted to their own little world that only both of them know. But once in a while, it is a great pleasure and a fun thing to do to just sit back on the sofa and not care about what to do or what to say but just speak what is on your mind. You share, you tell stories, you recall about the past, you be honest with your words and you let your emotion be in control, for once. Just this once. Because you know it matters. Because you know he's a good friend of yours and that trust could not convince you even more than to let your friend listen to firsthand details about you and you about him. At least when under such condition, the pretense that you have been so used to could be let down for now. And it is safe. It is all safe. 

What circulated between us shall only be feasted upon our very own ears.


You could say improbable, inexplicable or inconceivable, but NOT impossible. How could you, who believed so much and had high hopes in what you were pursuing, mention about this? I don't think it is impossible. It is what your heart desires and what that desire sets your mind into that pierce through all forms of barriers, that go against all odds for what you had initially believed in. It's just difficult, and hurtful to know of that possibility you perceive. How sad, how dreadful and how terrifying. 

It is possible, if you choose to believe.


I had a most enjoyable day with you today, Ting Sen. I promise I'll get you your Coke, no joke. Just wait for it, it'll come SOON. ;) Let's have some of these days every now and then. This way, at least I won't lose sight of my friend. ;)

What I promise, I'll never break.

No comments:

Post a Comment