Monday, August 1, 2011

a woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets


I watched Titanic today. Yes, I can watch Titanic for countless times and never get bored of it.


I would usually cry in the same scenes everytime I watch, but this time, it was different. There were tears welled up in my eyes but not so much as the previous times I watched it. In fact, the tears came at the most unexpected scenes I would have imagined.


I would cry at this scene. Very much usually. Starting from the time when Jack insists that Rose gets onto the lifeboat but she refuses because she just couldn't bear to leave without him. 
Rose: Not without you.


This too. The "Promise me" part. 


Instead, the tears came most when these words were spoken. "He exists now only in my memory." It's just, so fitting, perhaps. Every single word of it. Yeah, I cried. 

Titanic is one movie that I don't think I'll ever get bored with. Honestly, I have lost count of the times I watch this movie. From 4pm this evening till 7 plus late evening. The longest movie I've watched too. 

Rose jumps off the boat to be with Jack. Doesn't that just show what a girl is capable of and willing to do for love?

Jack wants Rose to promise him to continue to fight for her life and never let go of that promise. He lets Rose stay afloat on the board while he suffers the extreme coldness of the water. A guy could just do the same for love as well.

And I'm another idiot doing all for love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment