Tuesday, August 30, 2011

this time, i had my guard completely down


Some songs are really meant to touch people's hearts. I forgot to mention, the other day when I was driving home from Ampang LRT after the Book Fest, it was as if the radio understands what I was feeling then. Song by song, lyric by lyric, they all seem to fit into the situation so perfectly without even much of trying. 


"Who says, who says you're not perfect?
Who says you're not worth it?
Who says you're the only one that's hurting?
Trust me, that's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty?
Who says you're not beautiful?
Who says?"


*silence*


Oops, sorry. I just forgotten what songs I heard that day, but surely they were really meaningful at that time of the day to me. Really, trust me. ;)




;)


Anyway, it was the MTV VMA the other day. Too bad I have not found all the performances on Youtube. Still, here's a couple that I've come to adore very much already. 



She had a heartbreak. And this song, if you listen closely and pay attention to every word in the lyric, it carries so much weight that it's impossible not to have your heart touched by her voice.


"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."


Doesn't this song just sinks to the bottom of your heart and bounces back up, pulling those strings attached to all memories and emotions to the surface?


Yeah, it does. Every single word of them.



First of all, millions of congratz to Beyonce for her pregnancy! And man, was she proud to show off her round tummy to the whole world. What a proud and awesome mummy she will be! Jay-Z was all smilessssss. ;DDD


I like this song already. It sounds so, funky! 


Watching her singing and performing and giving her all on stage really makes me be in awe of her. She just seems like a superwoman to me, don't you feel so? With her voice so strong and loud, I'd pity Jay-Z if they ever get into a quarrel next time. Well, let's hope they won't la. XD





"But you know it's alright
I came to my senses
Letting go of my defenses
There's no way I'm giving up this time"


"Now I'm calling, calling out your name
Even if I lose the game, I'm all in
I'm all in tonight"


It has just become my favourite song for now. ;)


Can Lifehouse come to Malaysia? =( I know I only am familiar with a couple of their songs but still, I want them to comeeeee! Yeah, that's how obsessive I become with a band when I only come to love a couple of their songs. I WANTTT! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment