Sunday, February 12, 2012

what happened that night


One of my earliest and biggest obsession in the musical world was in KL last month.


Yup, none other than Simple Plan itself. I don't know if it's just me or this year seems to be filled with concerts lining up one after another. You see, just a few days before SP's concert was Foster The People's. Such a shame and regrettable thing that I had missed out on it! 
Simple Plan, Foster The People and Avril Lavigne which is the only left now which I really really want to go so badly. Oh, and not to mention Dashboard Confessional too!

See? I guess it's not just me who's feeling the heat of it all.

I never expected myself to have gotten the golden opportunity to attend this friggin rock band's performance. On that day itself, I whined and put on my pitiful face to momma but did not really expect anything from her. Especially not an immediate consent for me towards this concert. But she gave it, so quickly, so instantly, so unhesitatingly. How'd you think I'd feel under such a circumstance? Completely stunned. Yes, I was.

Then it turned into a brief moment of joy, because after all, that was what my hearts craves for. Like I said, only a brief period of happiness. It got to guilt later on. Mind you, a ticket to a concert isn't cheap you know? For this one, the cheapest ticket costs almost a 100 bucks. Momma gave me the green light and even asked me to bring along bro so:
1. I could return home later and not get scolded
2. I would have someone to accompany me
3. It would definitely be an awesome (or maybe not), yet eye-opening experience for bro

So tell me, how is it that I would not feel bad with momma's great kindness? I definitely did. That led me to question myself so much as to whether I should really go for it. Oh shucks, it's always those mixed feelings and doubts that bring the guilt on. ALWAYS.

Now I know better. Either I do it, or I don't even attempt it at all.
I'd rather miss the concert than feel guilty for my seemingly selfish wants from momma.

But still, I'm really thankful momma allowed me to go. ;)

So remorse aside, time for some awesomeness in the house!

Apparently, a local band was to perform prior to the REAL rock band. They sang a couple of songs, none that I know of anyway. ;P


Quite a slight let down in the first place because it was only right after the local band's performance that the crew started setting up the stage for Simple Plan. You know, SP's drums and guitars and all. So it was almost an hour later, about 9.30pm that SP came on stage. Another half hour longer than when Westlife took. 



They brought the house down, literally. ;D



I dislike going to a concert and not knowing the songs they sing. =( I'll definitely do my homework first before I go to another of my favourite artiste's concert. IF I ever to to one someday soon. ;)

But at least I can sing along to some new songs that I adore, so much.
Among them, Jet Lag and Summer Paradise. I'm so much in love with Summer Paradise. I should prolly make it my ringtone now. ;D

And, there you go! End of concert. Spot it, Janine (Amelia's best buddy) was right behind me. ;P



Best part of the concert? The encore. ;)

You may go to a concert empty-handed, but one thing I've learnt from Westlife's concert, is to NOT come back without anything. 

At least get a t-shirt for yourself. ;D




Can't wait till the day I have it on my body! ;D

THANK YOU SIMPLE PLAN!

THANK YOU MOMMA!

I LOVE YOU BOTH!


No comments:

Post a Comment