Tuesday, February 7, 2012

last of goodbyes


The day has come, for everything to end. But not before having the last of all adventures. Yes, or else this trip wouldn't be complete. You know me. ;)

We have one more place yet to visit. On the final morning, we left early towards Ayer Itam market. Waited for awhile for Sisters Yem and Kelly to arrive before we all began on our mini expedition. It was actually a dam that they were bringing us to. Good for me because it was definitely a new place for me, for I had not been here during my previous trip. You could say that this was the healthiest morning for us ever since our stay at Penang. About one and a half hours of walk along the trail rounding the dam. Truly an extraordinary experience for us, and me especially because it was just too close to nature. You could literally breathe in the freshest air possible, gaining shelter under the thick canopy of trees and with the sun's beams hardly breaking in on you. I make myself sound so environmentalist. ;P


There's actually a neat concrete path built for visitors. But don't underestimate it; its path is all winding and twisting and uphill and downhill. Really.


See? So protective and so thick that not even the sun's strong beams could penetrate it. That's the real nature. ;D


Spot the unusual. Flip-flops throughout this whole path. Odd enough? Nobody mentioned about having a long morning walk in the dense forest! So, the joke's on me.


Breathtaking huh? I thought so too. ;)





We three were the ones falling behind. It was only me in the beginning, with only one cause to point to. Camera. With the camera in hand, and also my over-enthusiasm when chucked in such a province, you bet I could spend the whole morning here and losing touch with the time ticking away and the people who were awaiting. Oopsieee ;P

And look what we found! Or rather, who.

Mr Thousand-Legged was crossing a highway, I suppose. I immediately gave out a cry when I spotted it right before I was about to put my foot forward. Who would have known what would become of him had I done so? Apparently, that cry gave a shock to momma and bro. ;P

Not more than five minutes were spent just to take pictures of this creature here. Bet it was a once-in-a-lifetime celebrity moment for him. ;D


Further down, we were visited by another of his friend, only much shorter this time, and, with less legs. ;D I was totally clueless as to what this insect could be. So were momma and bro. Because momma said, 

"It looks like chocolate. You bring home and eat it la!"

*expressioneless*



Tortoises! We spotted tortoises in the lake!


Doesn't this just gives you the feeling of being in Sound of Music? Maria and the children singing Do A Deer song. I could just roll down from the top if it's permitted. Yes, I would! ;D


Morning walk completed and time for breakfast! Jeez, I sound like I'm always eating. Or more like, eating is always on my mind. I need to workout!

Back to Ayer Itam market! By the way, the dam we visited was very near this market. In fact, it was the same way used when going uphill towards Kek Lok Si Temple.


Ma dumplings. Pretty healthy right? I know, to suit the exercise we just had. ;D


Wan Tan Mee. Quite a big portion, but it's bro who ordered it. So it would just do.  


Momma's Char Kuey Teow. 

Or was it the fried radish cake?


And French toast! Who would have known this dish would still be ordered while visiting the island of sumptuous food? But I still love it!



We went our separate ways after that meal. And so, it was time for goodbye. At least between us and Sis Kelly. While Sis Yem went back to pack her stuff, for she would be joining us back to KL, the three of us headed for our final visit to the famous Kek Lok Si Temple. The one place that cannot be missed because I know bro had been longing to visit it.


Also, this time I went up to the super-huge Guan Yin statue since I forgo it the last time. Momma declined going up, so I accompanied bro up there. It was, massive. Really, really massive.

Standing at the foot of it makes me feel so miniature. So timid, so small, so...dwarf?


Mickey mouse? Donald duck? No, those two on the far right look exactly like the cartoon figures! They are by far the cutest things here. ;D



So when the whole morning, close to noon already by then, we all left the place for our hotel once more. Only this, it'll be the last time for us coming back to this unnoticeable but comfy lodging. The kindness and helpfulness shown by the hotel uncle were far too great for us, really. He allowed us to check in later, perhaps no more than a couple of hours later. He even told us to take our shower and get ourselves clean and all set before leaving. How nice of him! ;) 

Bathed, packed, and all that was left for us to do was to wait. ;D

You know that feeling of having a sister that, (though never admits openly ;P) always syok sendiri? So if you ask me, "What can I do about it?" I'll say to you, "Nothing. Just bear with it." ;D



FINALLY, we took all our luggages and bags and whatever they we were supposed to bring back home with us, and replaced them in momma's car. Any last words? Nope, we'll have a perfectly safe journey, mind you. For I'll be driving, mind you. Always so pumped up about driving. ;P

So everything's final right? Hence there shall be one last meal in Penang before it's gone for, now. LOL

Bought a few packets of Pasembur from this stall. 



Never expected it would be so tasty. I would definitely try it another time. Basically, it's just like Indian rojak, but lots more ingredients were added to this dish and not to mention the gravy was something different from the ones we were so used to. Recommended! ;D


Penang curry laksa. The soup was awesome! It was more milky, I guess. And the belacan that came together with it had the perfect aroma.



Butter and kaya toast! ALl time favourite. ;D


Oh, do not ever leave with empty hands. At least, buy something for your family and friends. But what's better than getting some local cookies and biscuits?




It's just too bad they don't have those boxed Hiong Peng. Only packaged ones were available and I don't think it would be worth buying several of those packaged ones. There weren't too many and definitely not enough. Next time I'll buy again for you guys okay? ;)


And that was the last station for us. After that, it was really goodbye for now. Will not be visiting until the next time. ;)

I got my wish for driving back to KL again. My pleading cries and look granted my wish. HAHA!



Goodbye the island of awe. ;)

The drive home was so much longer than I anticipated. Not that much, but still so much. LOL
It was almost 9pm when we reached our place. So tired and exhausted. I could only be honest to myself, because when night had fallen and there actually was some slight rain, my eyes began to gave way. Coffee didn't help much either. I know, foolish was I. No more next time though. 

And for now, I'm looking so much to another such trip. I wanna drive this time too! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment