Friday, December 31, 2010

the job of an usher



Strangely, it doesn't feel the least bit like I'm welcoming a brand new year. I do not feel the rush of adrenaline that I think I should be feeling on the 31st December of every previous year. I am not that excited as I would used to. I had not thought of any plans to usher in the new year. No countdown or any such thoughts. It feels just the same.

But still, it's all about new beginning right? 

I guess the reason I'm feeling so different and so, um, you can call it indifferent if you want, is that I'm no longer in high school anymore. No more getting ready for the first day of school, wondering which teacher will be teaching you what and what. No more getting used to waking up early a week prior to school reopens. Stuff like that you know? Maybe because now that's I'm in college, everything is just different. 

Sometimes I surprise myself too.

I greet people Happy New Year without really feeling the enthusiasm it should have. When my mum asked us to do our New Year resolution, I'm afraid to say that I actually do not know what resolution that I want to achieve next year. All this while, my resolutions have been achieving straight As in exams and all academic-related aspirations. Not now, not this time. No idea what to expect, what to anticipate, what should I set for my resolution.

Oh well, not fretting or what. It's the end of the year and the start of another anyway. Just voicing out anything and everything. ;P

Anyway, Happy New Year 2011 people!




=)


No comments:

Post a Comment