Tuesday, March 1, 2011

a thousand miles


Being inexperienced at travelling alone and left all by myself with only some self-equipped maps and brochures, I was absolutely certain that I look no more like any foreigners and backpackers. Yes, I definitely looked like one then. ;P But it was fun in a way to be lost in an unknown place and having to figure it out by yourself. Well, that's how we learn, I guess. At least it was so for me. =D

On the first day, I was dropped off after a light breakfast at some road near Jalan Chulia. I think that's the right spelling. ;P Not checking the map for confirmation now though. Haha. Gee, now that I come to think of it, I did not really eat anything that morning. Thankfully I brought along the peanut bun that mum bought before we departed. =)

I went to Fort Cornwallis after walking in circles at the intertwined streets near Chulia Road. It was such a terrific feeling when I came near to the sea. I love seas and oceans. I love beaches. These are definitely my favourite places to be. =) The strong and salty sea breeze wafting through my hair with the sunny weather shining down on me. Gosh, this reminds me of sunblock! I forgotten to bring my sunblock! Not that I have one though, but still. Yeah, and I realized I'm tanner now after this trip. =(



One thing about Penang is that, there still are a handful of ancient-looking stuffs. They fascinate me. =)


Prangin Mall. The first one ever in Penang I suppose?






Actually, my main focus was on the tree trunk. It looks, different. But oh well, the uncle blends well in the photo though. ;P




The buildings at this area are magnificent. Why aren't there any English-influenced buildings in KL? They look pretty amazing! 




 Boy, I fell in love with this Esplanade. =) 











I just like the signboard. XD


And this proves that I really went there okay? ;P



Shouldn't someone be there with me for this? ;P





Well apparently, this was the chapel in Fort Cornwallis itself. It was much smaller than I thought when I went inside.



It was kinda creepy when you have to go in all by yourself, which I did. And I already felt like a GAC. ;P Um, just that there were no provoking or snapshots that contain some unidentifiable or unexplainable orbs or any balls of light. ;P Thankfully!



Creepy huh? Imagine I had to braze myself to go in alone! Jeez!




This thing seriously freak the hell outta me man! Imagine I was making my way through all these historical sites and where battles had taken place and out of no where this thing appeared in one of the empty chambers! I do not appreciate being scared that way! HAHA




Tadpoles look adorable. They're so tiny! I just wanna catch them and touch them and hold them in my hands! XD





I want one in KL! XD




Oh well, I know, why in the world did I choose McD when I was surrounded by tantalizing local Penang foods? But the thing is, I was soooo exhausted already by then while waiting so McD was the only thing that seemed reliable at that point of time. ;P


See the tiny notebook with the folded map? Well, that was pretty much how I got around while I was there. =)



I should've waited a bit longer because after I sank my teeth into the McChicken burger, Sis Yem texted and asked if I would like to join her for a late lunch. Awhhh, but nevertheless, I wolfed down everything and had a bowl of Cendol too! Super duper cooling specially at that time. Yumm! And also the side dish above which I have no idea what it's called. Gee, I'm bad with foods' names. ;P


Since our lunch was that LATE, we only went over to Gurney drive for something light and yes, this fruit rojak was light enough to last me till the next day. But boy was this rojak costly!




I've walked for miles for the first day I guess I was already worn out by the time I've reached home. Yet, I didn't get a good night's sleep so much thanks to mosquitoes.


And I'm tanner now!!! =(



No comments:

Post a Comment