Friday, March 4, 2011

stereotypical creatures



Right, be prepared.

The thing is, just because I'm now studying at Taylor's University which also happens to be one of the most expensive universities in Malaysia now, doesn't mean that I am a wealthy and spoilt little brat or princess.

Sometimes I'm so sick of dealing with people's remarks of, "Taylor's? Oh, rich girl." Dude, get over it okay? Well to be perfectly honest, I never even thought of even enrolling and studying at Taylor's. To be exact, I did not even want to! You know why? Because of the difference in family background or status if that's what you want to call it. Yeah, insecurity. Insecure of being left out, insecure of being the outcast or the odd one in the course, insecure of meeting people who really are from that kinda wealthy family and can spend money like nobody's business.

There's something in this world called scholarship. And I'm not bragging about it that I've managed to get a scholarship to study at Taylor's but all I'm saying is that I'm funded, thank God, which also means my family can't afford to let me study in such institutions which make it seem like money is the solution to everything. Like, really every single thing on earth! Even your education.

Sometimes it crossed my mind with the what-ifs. What if I had not come to Taylor's? What if I had enrolled in another institution which will definitely be cheaper? Because I am not the girl who has everything and anything. Not that I need to be one anyway. I am happy with how I am right now and praise God for that. Because sometimes, I just want to prove people wrong and show them what I am capable of even if I am not from a rich family.

Conclusion is what the introduction was.

Just because I'm studying at Taylor's, that doesn't mean that I am a rich girl. Please, stop it.
If you want to joke, fine. Once a while is acceptable. But not every single time you see me and just incessantly thinks of me that way. If the roles are reversed, would you be happy for people to think of you that way and to speak of you like that? No right? But if you really are, then I have nothing to say to that.

Yes, I was ranting. I am ranting. And enough of ranting already. Thanks. Jeez!



No comments:

Post a Comment