Saturday, April 7, 2012

i want to see through those darkened shades



Second semester has only begun and only a week has passed. But here I am, having endless thoughts and advanced plans that are yet to be executed for my next 4-month semester break, which will not be until the next December. I know, it's quite a distance from the present but you just have to understand a person who possesses a restless mind. :)

I've long wished to partake in programmes like work and travel or work and volunteer. And when a sudden desire like this emerges, I become so engrossed in researching and getting to know all about it that I find my heart all into it already. 

The more I browse through the many websites and all things related to each specific programme, the more I want to take control of my life from this instant onwards. I have plans, I am ambitious, I admit. Even if some tasks seem impossible to achieve right now, it doesn't mean you would not get nearer to them. I believe so myself that as long as I do not allow them to leave my sight, there is still a chance for me to pursue what I really want to do in and with my life.

Yes, sometimes I do question myself and wonder how different my life would be had I taken another step. It's just the same as a game of chess. You can either move a knight or the bishop goes forward. Whichever you chooses, it will open an unfamiliar door and lead you to a life you have not expected or anticipated. Likewise, so did I. I'm now not even halfway through the chosen path and doubts have begun encircling me. That is why I want to take control of my life even more so. I chose this path and I will have to finish the journey. I will not turn back because it would not be worth it and it would simply mean that I'd have to miss out on the opportunity of having beautiful things dawning upon my life. Let's have some more optimism, won't we? When I have completed this journey, I shall embark on the one I had not taken. May God bless my wish. :)


I still love science. I still pertain my wish of having one day be able to work closely with animals. I still keep in mind and in heart to be like Donald Schultz, travelling around the globe and making contacts with people and animals from all walks of life. I still have that one dream, that one which I will never allow it to fade from my sight. For now, it will stay inside me. Only me and God know. :)

You are not much different if you are facing or have faced a similar situation as myself. Do not give up hope, for giving up is not in your blood. Charge yourself up with optimism and hope. God has much better plans ahead for you and me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment