Sunday, October 24, 2010

history replayed




Look! You see it? Look very very carefully.

Dude, it's Titanic 2!

It's THE Titanic 2 peeps!




I never expected much outta this sequel after I watched the trailer though. It was like, everything but what Titanic is all about. Well, blame it on the fixed mindset I've had had ever since I watched the original Titanic movie. So yeah, did not give any high expectations from the sequel. 

Somewhat a lil prejudice too actually. =P

Alright, let's compare, shall we?

Titanic vs Titanic 2.


Titanic 2 is half of its predecessor's time length. And therefore, not much details into the characters and stuff. The special effects, totally blew me off man. Um, in a negative way, sorta. They were so fake okay? The iceberg and glaciers breaking off, totally fake. The titanic sailing on the surface of Atlantic, fake. Seriously, those effects- CGI is it?- so unreal. But then, some were better off towards the end especially when the first and second wave of the tsunami hit the vessel. *whistles*

Too bad, there wasn't much of a lovey-dovey romance in the movie as much as the original did. No artsy drawings, if you know what I mean. No, 'I jump, you jump' thingy. Oh yes, and one more thing, the ship did not break in half and therefore, no sinking shown. Blame it on the time. Limit?

The ending was just that brief. =S

But I guess it wasn't a bad movie after all. One thing terrific was the suspension. Seriously, their suspension kills man. No joke. My heart almost skipped a beat for every single suspension that hit. That's the utmost element I like about this movie.

Overall, I wouldn't say this is better than Titanic but it's still worth watching. Hmm, I guess my initial perception of this movie was not that accurate after all. =P

Watch it, peeps. Absolutely worth your 1 1/2 hours' time.


"Looks like history's repeating itself."


x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment