Wednesday, August 29, 2012

making yesterday for tomorrow



So I've finally met up with the two busiest persons of my age I have ever known. Well, not exactly. But maybe it is true for one of them. En Hau was back from Russia for the holidays and I did not even know of it until his utter surprise that I didn't know. Oh well, what more can I say to that? Besides, there wasn't any sign that I could pick up regarding his return to Malaysia. 

Let it be, let it be. :)

Wei Ming, the other super duper busy guy who is ever so caught up in whatever that he could be doing (which I suppose nobody has any inkling what he actually could be up to), managed to meet up with me before he flies off! Good enough, ain't it? I never expected we could at least have a drink together by this week seemingly my classes would resume soon. Very soon, in fact, it is only a couple of hours away from now. (And I'm still here, blogging. Yup, still here.*Shia Labeouf's accent*) Like I told him, "I wouldn't be mad, I just wouldn't talk to him." :P

Ahem, we need banters, really.


You see, when you come to this age, particularly in your twenties when college life comes knocking on your door, all these are unavoidable. It is a cycle, isn't it? It just repeats itself. Friends come and go, and it is definitely not an easy job having a longtime friend, what's more finding yourself a lifetime buddy. I was and am a friend to other people. I came, and I went. Circumstances change, things change, the bond changes as well. Of course, people may say, it's bound to happen and it is all part of growing up. That is true, but what makes friendship lasts is the commitment and effort every individual puts in. I admit, and I confess that I did not put in enough effort to maintain the closest friendship that I ever shared with a particular bunch of friends. And sometimes, when things are gone, they are gone for real. Time may improve things, but the effort will be doubled. Same old, same old.

Don't you think I could be a possible candidate for a philosopher? Are you thinking what I'm thinking? :P

So yeah, appreciate the friends that you have now. They are not easy to come by and when I say the word appreciate, I'm referring to valuing and prioritizing this special connection before it becomes too late to get it back. And twenty years from now, wouldn't you want to think back and enjoy an evening's reverie on a rocking chair (you could opt for an Osim massage chair though) about all the memories and hardships that rocked and shaped who you and your friend(s) are now?

I would love to, and now I'm putting in efforts to maintain these acquaintances so when that day comes, I would have cherished moments and not regrets to tell. :)


So a new semester shall begin. Yes, the holidays have just ended and, I don't know, there is something inside me that tells me, "I'm still not ready for this new semester." But, come what may, God is here with and for me. :)


Let's just hope this coming (it's already here!) semester will be better than its last. :)

Happy returning to college, people!



No comments:

Post a Comment