Tuesday, August 21, 2012

alone, but not lonely



I enjoy stillness. I like quietness. I like when the city is void of all the usual hustle and buzz. I like when streets become free from the wheels of heavy vehicles. I like when the concrete jungle is at rest and not many souls are around to roam these walkways. 

Sometimes it may not be a pitiful thing after all for not having a hometown that I can return to every festive season. I used to wonder about this point and envy friends who tell each other, what day they will leave and when they would come back from their hometown. Yes, it's true, I used to envy that I do not get to experience the life of having to return to a place where all members of the family would gather and enjoy the little joys. I even longed for one. :)

But not anymore.

In a good way, that is.

It's Raya time now and today is only the second day. There have been really loud noises of celebration, with all the firecrackers and whatnots. Sometimes, they just get to your nerve, you know.

Oh well.


Perhaps I'm sensitive to noise. I've always loved quiet places; as in, places that are quiet but safe enough that wrongful activities will not happen. I do enjoy being on my own. Of course, there are people who cannot stand spending time on their own. There are people who despise being alone, assuming it to be something pitiful and lonely. Then there are those that would not trade anything else for some personal time where they have all the freedom in the world to do what they want to do and what they previously have not the time to do. People, like me. :D

If you see me spending time alone, please, don't think me pitiful or lonely. I'm all good. :)

I like huge green fields and expansive pastures with some goats or sheeps that roam freely, picking and choosing their food. I like deserts where the sand is so soft and smooth that they pass through the gaps between your toes without the slightest blockage. I like seeing eagles soar through the big blue sky and pierce through cotton-white clouds, breathing in the liberty as though they are the kings of all flying creatures. 


That's why I like driving long distance journeys. I see the long stretch of highways and I find peace, and the stillness. It's good. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment