Saturday, June 2, 2012

what left to be feared



People, I'm still 19. Really. :)

Had the bunch of insanely lovely and adorable friends throw a "surprise" birthday celebration for me last Monday. 

Surprise? Um, perhaps on the cake itself. That is one thing I was truly caught off guard for. Our lovely Ser Yee "Mei Yee" bought Malacca's signature mille crepe and brought it back all the way to KL. I never believed it at first, but I had to. Cause I tasted my first bite on this fame desert and I, I think I need to go back to Malacce for more servings! :D

Someone asked, why didn't I cry?

It's best if you don't ask, but since you did, then I'll just have to be honest. 
I ALREADY KNEW YOUR SECRET PLAN. :P

But I'm all thankful, really. It's a really nice feeling to see the whole lot of you seated at the loosely combined table, and for the same purpose of celebrating my birthday. It may not be something major or something grand, but that would be enough from me. Knowing I have a bunch of people who care to make this celebration go smoothly is truly a blessing from God. :)


I used to wish, yes, I actually did hope that maybe I could forget my own birthday, forget the existence of this date, just to experience how it would feel like to forget my own birthday. Then perhaps there will be others who will throw a surprise party for me and I'll be caught off guard and experience that kinda feeling. :)

It's not a bad thing, isn't it?

Well, I could guess what they were up to, but, to turn it down means to turn down God's blessing. And how can we turn our backs from God's love for us? :)

I know it's a blessing from the Lord, and I am just as glad to receive with an earnest heart. :)


Yes, the truth is that I've turned 20 already. Perhaps the reason why am I so defiant about admitting it is that turning 20 actually sounds like a pretty scary thing to me. In my mind, there is this impression that once I have reached 20, the years ahead will pass by extremely quicker than how they used to pass before this. Before I even realize it, I might be making wishes and having my first bite on my 21st birthday cake. Goshhhhh, isn't this scary!

No, with God, there should be nothing to be fearful about. :)

I made three wishes. The first was, I wish to get myself a stable part time job that I would love doing so that I can start earning my very own side income, and thus getting that very thing that I'm working hard for now. :)

Secondly, I wished that I would become a qualified guitarist. Then maybe someday, I would buy my own guitar and serve God. 

Third, my utmost wish of all. I made this same wish again with the cake momma bought me. I wish, I would be able to study zoology/herpetology someday in the future. 

These wishes, let them be like colourful balloons, filled by hope and carried upwards with faith to heaven above. Let's have faith and they will come true at the most unexpected times. I know it will. :)

Momma's Tiramissu Mousse Cake. 


Presents for my 20th birthday. I never expected at an age like this, people do still receive presents. HAHAHA I'm so blessed!


Not to forget Fan, Jia En, Wei Foong and Serene's advanced wishes and gifts as well.

Thank you people! I'm so loved and blessed. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment