Tuesday, June 5, 2012

the final chip



Helloooooo!

It's what we've all been eagerly waiting for and now, it has come. Yes, it's the holidayssss!
You may say, "It's only one week!"

I say, "It's better than none!"

Yes, and I really do mean it. Of course, it may do me better if another week is spared for us but still, after all the strenuous hours and walking-zombie-day-in-day-out even since this semester begun, I want nothing more than a break. Even if it's only a week, which makes up 7 days. Well, 7 always sounds better and so much MORE than 1. So yeah, think of it as a 7-day break. :)

It's only the second day of my break and I'm already waking up later and later than my usual time. Gosh, I woke up at 10am this morning! Oh well, my mind could be sunbathing in its imaginary Hawaiian coast, sipping ice-cold mocktails and admiring the beauty of flapping waves. Yes, I guess it might just be doing that.

And people, IT'S JUNE ALREADYYY!

I'm like, dude, how many wings does time has? It could just be having a race with the speed of light. I do apologise for my lameness  humour, but really, stop whatever you're doing (no, not unless you're reading this), take 10 seconds to slow down and ponder upon this: Half a year has just gone by.

How quickly it is! It's cliche, really. Everyone goes about saying how quickly time passes by and it's now the middle of the year already. You see, we all say that even when it makes no complete sense to us or even when we do not even try to make meaning out of it. What have you been doing for the past 5 months? Another 7 months and it's the end of the year. (not world, for I do not know too)

Anyway, it's something to be ponder about. 


So for the past week, subject registration for our third semester was opened. The time has come that we were to select our minor and also electives. And, it's also going to be the time when this insane bunch of us will start to really go our own ways. But no worries for that, we'll still be in the same campus anyway. Just like us and our Foundation buddies. We still meet up with each other once in a while, didn't we? :)

We'll make it through together, okay? 

I've had mixed feelings deciding on my minor to be honest. When I first enrolled in this course, I was so darn sure which minor I was going to take. Later on, I thought about it and then this interest took another turn. And now, I do not know which minor I want to take. Yes, the one that I want, not the one that I should or have to.


Right.


So here's the deal: I consulted my mum about it, both the elective and minor. I was pretty sure which elective I really wanted to take, but not the minor. She told me to take Chinese, as it was one of the three languages offered. Then for minor, she wanted me to take PR, but PR was never my thing. At least I feel and am convinced that it is not what I want to venture into. So it's either Journalism or Broadcasting. Yes, these two freaking headache ones. You see, the reason them being such a difficult choice to make is because I have interest in both of them. Crap, do I sound that greedy? 

Journalism was what prompted me into this course. Then film studies got to me along the line as well, to the extent that I even gave thoughts to further my studies in film studies. Minoring in journalism means I get to do creative writing, which you can say has been my passion and the drive towards communication studies. Film studies, if I minor in broadcasting, will be the greatest alternative that I could ever get. (for now)


Finding Nemo! This scene will never cease to be so damn adorable! :D

Yes, now what?

Here's the thing: I'm taking up Spanish and will minor in Broadcasting. :) 
I know, I know. You see, there are many such circumstances in life. You just can't have it all you know. *Glee's You Can't Always Get What You Want playing in my head*

That's what life is. And that's how it will be. You choose and you decide, and from this decision you have made, you have to forego the other one. But that doesn't stop you from pursuing it in the future. So yes, I'm taking Spanish and Broadcasting. Before I even decided on Broadcasting, I had doubts. But mum told me to take Broadcasting. I prayed about it and after that, I felt that I should listen to what my mum told me. For all this time, I've always done things my own way. I chose this course, I insisted on it and refused to take in anymore advices that contradict my personal choice. Well, look where it has gotten me.

No, I wouldn't say that I regret. But maybe, it sounds better to say, I've learnt from it.

So yes, Broadcasting. But for elective, sorry mum, I would really like to take up Spanish. Besides, I've asked about the Chinese that they will be offering and it seems that what they offer will be the basics. No more qualms about either of it now. It's decided. 
Spanish and Broadcasting. :)


God is good. He knows me and if this is His will for me, then let it be. Lead me and I'll do it. :)

I'm into this kinda shirt lately. Loose and soft and silky and thin. I've yet to get myself one though. Really, if anybody wants to buy me any gifts for any occasions to come, you've now got a clue what to get for me. Hehhhh :P

This, or a scarf. I have a soft spot for scarves as well. 

There, now you know. :)



2 comments:

  1. Spanish class!!! I also got, ehh next time we try to talk on Spanish want anot?!! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know. spanish is what i wanted too. :) no, don't wanna talk to you :P

    ReplyDelete