Monday, June 11, 2012

His door for us



So I'm back, from my little getaway. 

Where to?

Bukit Tinggi.

Well not exactly Bukit Tinggi but Selesa Resort, a little before Bukit Tinggi.

Serene fetched me at 1 plus on Friday afternoon and then we went over to Fan's office to pick her up. Then began our journey to Selesa Resort! We talked about stuff and I even proposed of going to the zoo one day. Yes, I just like going to the zoo. :D

We reached there about 2.30pm if I wasn't mistaken. So obedient we were for waiting at the reception for everyone else to arrive. And we thought we were the earliest to arrive and started wondering how come nobody has reached yet when later on only did we realize there were others that have already arrived much earlier and have been into each one's unit before we did. Oh well, the result of being obedient. Not a bad thing though. :)

We shared the same unit with Pastor and his family. Oh, the pressure. No really, sometimes we may feel such way you see. Being in the presence of someone more respected, you ought to behave in a way that is the total opposite of how you would behave when in your own home. No? :)


But we lived through it still. Thank God! :)

Until dinner time, we were still free. No programmes in between, and everyone was free to do their own things. Before me and Fan took a short nap, we helped out Serene with her children's stuff, moved the bed from the other room into our room, because there were only two single beds in each room and because we wanted the three of us to sleep together, so we manoeuvred the bed and brought it to our room. *yay!* You know, girl's thing. :)

After dinner, we had our first session with Pastor Brian and Pastor Margaret. For that night, Pastor Brian was the speaker. When you come to talks like these, you really have to have an open mind and not to criticize or compare in a negative way how the messages they share differ from what you've been holding on to all this while. But I guess we all had that in us and received the messages God's servant shared with us throughout the past three days.

To be frank, I guess me and Fan didn't expect that we would be jotting down so much notes from each talk. But we did, thank God. :)

Yes, I'll share them all one day.

I'm proud to say I've received and learned a lot from Pastor Brian and Pastor Margaret. They shared with us all about Transformation Churches and that transformation has to begin with ourselves before we can bring Transformation to our Church and to bring God's Kingdom into the world. They both have really amazing testimonies to tell and been witnesses to many miracles in all places they have gone to. Pastor Brian was pretty humorous as well. Some of those that he said,

"If you are standing next to a Miss Thailand or Miss Malaysia, make sure you have a Miss World with you." - that Miss World he said was directed to his wife, Pastor Margaret, referring to a picture he took with Miss Thailand and his wife. How lovely! :)

"The doctor told me, 'You're gonna die,' I told him, 'No, I won't,' he said, 'Yes you will,' I said, 'No I won't.'" - Pastor Brian actually had a two-week ordeal where he was physically unable to the extent that Pastor Margaret had to care for his every need. Praise the Lord! He is fit as Hulk! :)

"I asked God, 'Why me? Why not someone else?' And I told Him, 'But...', 'But...', 'But...', 'But...', 'But...'. The He said, 'Are you finished?' I said, 'Yes.' 'Now go and build the school.'" - He went to a village which was destructed by a tsunami and the school at the beach was completely destroyed. So God told him to build the church, even he only had 43 church members and no money.

"So if you're dying, don't come find me, cause whenever a person is raised from the dead, I am always away." (the meaning was something like that) - He was saying how when members of his church raised people from the dead, he was always not where they are or away from the church for the time being.

He had much more funnier moments that will be too much for me to tell it here. My, he even acted out his words with all the animal sounds that he made and also Pastor David's uneasiness of imitating them. HAHAHA

But still, they both were really good for the last three days.

Pastor Margaret was the softer kind. She spoke so gracefully and softly, just the opposite of Pastor Brian. But it was a very peaceful and pleasant feeling just by listening to her voice. That could be quite impactful too if you pay close attention to what she was saying.

It was my first time going on a trip with Fan and Serene and sharing the same bedroom with them too. No, we didn't have any girl's night with pillow fights or staying up late for girls talk and all that. Well, that could be because everyone was too tired by night already. On the first night, me and Serene waited for Fan to come back from her talk with Rachel (a member from PJ church who was very funny as well) to brew us some hot chocolate, which she promised. But we both waited till we fell asleep, and me with a hungry stomach. :P

On the second night, we slept late as well because Pastor Phoebe had us talking and sharing. Well, actually she was the one who talked and shared most about how their PJ church was doing the DBS and stuff like that while I was most obviously the one trying to keep my eyes wide awake. Oh my, I just confessed. Ooooppss :P

Left the place after lunch on Sunday and as always on the final day of every single trip, the reluctance to leave started dwelling in me. Hmm, it's not everyday that we get to have a getaway like that and having fun and receiving God's words. But the time must come and we have to come back to reality again. But hey, fret not! I've really learned a lot from thee three days and I am so thankful to God that I have made the decision to come and that Serene had promised to help with the children ministry, or else we wouldn't have the chance to come and experience the speakers' words ourselves. I will, by God's grace, try my best to live out what I have learned. :)

If you're wondering about something that seems to be missing from this post and still not knowing what it is, I'll tell you. 

It's clearly some pictures.

Oh well, each of us brought our own camera but none of us took any pictures. HAHAHA

Firstly, we mostly stayed in the resort and apart from the village we went to, there were no other places that grant us some really beautiful views for photographs. But well, that shouldn't be an excuse though. :P

Secondly, either we were too tired or barely enough time to go wild snapping pictures like how any other enthusiast would. Yes, if we were not eating, we were resting, and if we were not resting, then we would be in the hall listening to the talk. And if we weren't doing all those at all, well, we would be bathing, and lazying in Rachel's unit and having our own fellowship. :)

But I've got some pictures from other people. Mind you, I've been tagged. Not stealing, just loaning from these kind-hearted souls. :)

(from left) Serene, Fan, (sorry I forgot her name! It's Jeffrey's wife, I know. And that would be Pastor Chee Keong's wife's sister-in-law. Hehhhh), me, Rachel and Pastor Phoebe.


And our group picture! After adjusting so long and my face muscles could have gone numb with the held-still smile. :D

Pastor Brian and Pastor Margaret were the ones, both in black, standing at the last row just at the bottom left of the 'WELCOME' sign. SPOT ME! :D


It was a tremendously wonderful experience. Though I've yet to come to know most of them, but I really enjoyed myself with the company I had and the messages God's servant had for us.

Thank you Pastor Brian and Pastor Margaret for everything you shared with us.

Thank you Serene and Fan for the joy we had.

Thank you Lord for bringing me here to receive your words and bless me with heavenly wisdom.

Praise the Lord! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment