Sunday, August 8, 2010

when you least expect it


Alright peeps, seems like I've been MIA for some time I guess. 

College has been, um, not VERY hectic YET, but it will be soon. AM so sure of it.
And speaking of that, I've got my first assignments already. For Malaysian studies, Human Comm as well as English. And guess what, I just did script writing!

I really wanted so much to write a script based on the book Pride and Prejudice. But sadly, I have not the book myself and I searched it high and low. Anyway, I don't reckon mum has it either. And for all you know, had I gotten myself that book just for this assignment, I might not be able to finish reading it in time. Mind you, that book is surely as thick as Harry Potter's last series man! Totally comparable. =P

So instead, I found this book. It's actually mum's, not mine. I don't think I would lay my hands on such thick a literature book anyway. Gee, it's Charles Dickens' 4 complete novels published in a single hardcover book! Charles Dickens? Uh-uh, I have not reached that high a standard yet man. But I browsed through it anyhow and lucky me, it included the story 'A Christmas Carol'. Sounds superbly familiar doesn't it? Totally man! It was turned into a 3D animation last year starring the voice of Jim Carey! Speaking Jim Carey, I miss watching The Mask. He was downright hilarious. =D

Anyway, the story was just short enough. Well, to be frank, I used 2 days or so to finish reading it man. I had to be excused for it though since I was out almost the whole of yesterday. And not forgetting our soon-to-be medic student En Hau who had his house warming party last night at Selayang. And totally not to be omitted the one-hour jam we had to endure before even reaching the precincts of Selayang. *phew*

And yes, I never fail to slip away from the main topic. =P

So for the first time ever, I wrote a script! And honoured to say that it's a Charles Dickens
 novel. Um, okay, I bet it will give Charles Dickens a total heart attack had he known this. *guilt amounting*

Hopefully it will turn out well. It's not 100% confirmed yet that my script will be used. But nonetheless, it's still worth me trying right? Who knows, I could turn out to be a scriptwriter in the future? =P *the word Hollywood appearing in mind now*

And of course, it's such a shame that we couldn't do Pride and Prejudice. =( 
Elizabeth and Mr Darcy! Oh, by the way, I didn't read the story before. I just watched a lil of the movie only. =P

I have parking woes. I have congestion phobia. All thanks to driving. =/
Worry not, I still enjoy driving. =D

Waiting expectantly for the start of next week as tutorial classes begin! =D



x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment