Monday, July 12, 2010

keep calm and believe in espana


So that was the end of 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
I guess I should probably mark it down on my calender, chuck keep it, and retrieve it from its refuge 4 years later. =D
*as memorial, perhaps?*

Or maybe not.



Just by looking at the gleeful and victorious expression on Torres' face makes my heart melts.  *literally!* =D


Well, it wasn't what a final match I would have expected or thought of. It ended in 0-0 after the usual full time. And that extra 30 minutes could have been avoided if only Spain's coach *I forgot dunno what's his name XD* had substituted Torres into the match earlier.

Though the winning goal didn't come from Torres, but I still firmly believe that Torres was the sole savior of the match. =D Gee, I almost fell asleep waiting for Torres to get into play. XD


When you're a hardcore fan of the Spanish team, you just can't help but smile foolishly to yourself till the cheek muscles of yours ache when you watch admiringly at the Spanish team's glorious victory. 

Watching them being handed over the trophy was just simply mesmerizing. It just fascinates you till you go completely breathless and in awe. Confetti, vuvuzelas' blaring sounds and FIFA's songs playing in the background. The whole scene just consumed you whole. 
*deep sigh*

I guess I'll just have to wait another 2 years for Euro Cup to dawn upon us again. =)
And quoting from last night's final's commentator, "Spain will be defending their title for the Euro Cup in 2 years' time."
Oh yes, Spain emerged as champion for the last Euro Cup in 2006. And Torres scored the winning goal. =D

I'm just waiting for Torres to fully recover and be back on his track. =)



I still support Netherlands and still do admire Germany's passing skills, no doubt. No worries about that. What I have to worry now is that, I need to get myself a Spain jersey! XD Gee, mum promised me that I-dunno-how-many-years ago. *am still waiting for it* =P

Germany, please do not kill Paul the octopus for your next meal. He's just an octopus! *duh?*
Or else, I'm so gonna go on a mission to save Paul along with Teh Chen. *that crap convo we had about swimming to Germany to save Paul. XD*

So long, 2010 South Africa FIFA World Cup! I will miss you. I'll see you after 4 years though. *pinky promise* =)

No worries, I still can't get Shakira's Waka waka and K'Naan's Wavin Flag outta my mind. =)


Viva Espana


x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment