Monday, December 24, 2012

if sky was ever the limit



You know, the world was 'supposed' to end 3 days ago. All those Mayan prophecies and what-nots. They got the whole world talking about it and from the news that I have read, some people actually went to the extend of building a bullet-looking container that was said to be able to fit up to 60 people, with a basin and toilet within.

I'm not being cynical or what, but really, if a doomsday really happens, nothing can prevent it from happening. All these are out of our capabilities. It's supernatural forces that we are seeing, only God can do this and no one will know what God's plans are.


Anyway, that aside, I find it quite a wonder with all the posts on Facebook on the supposed doomsday itself. Yes, of course, it's the time of the year where most students like us have our final examinations and assignments and any-academic related business any university could think of of giving their poor students. But really, just because of exams, I see posts that wish for the end of the world to happen just so they would not have to undergo those tenuous moments.

I guess sometimes, people can be so, I don't know, hard to please? No, I'm not excluding myself from this too. I just wouldn't wish for the world to end to trade for an exemption from exams. :P

I mean, really, imagine if the world really ended and what would people be posting about it? (Considering we all have hours left to do our last minute Facebook postings or tweets and not to mention time for us to prepare ourselves- if that ever helps) I bet there would be posts like, 'I wish the world would not end today. I have yet to finish my exam.' I mean, why not? :P

But things like these may be a little good for our brain though. It's during such seemingly hopeless situations that our brain really begin to function like the engines of Jenson Button's race track machine. And then you start to have thoughts about the things that you have accomplished in your life, the things that you would want to do if more time were given to you or maybe the things that you would really regret not doing. I guess at some point in our lives, those thoughts will spring into our minds. And those are the times that our decisions would be most drastic, I guess?

I have yet to explore enough of the world, so for the world to end at this time is definitely a big no-no. Besides, who are we to decide when the world should end since we are only His creations? Don't the Creator Himself has the full right to his creations? :)


So let us not worry about the unknown, for He will take full care of it. If we live in Him, we will have His peace. That's how it should be. No more man-made arks unless instructed.

Just have faith in Him and there's no need for more worries. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment