Friday, September 16, 2011

"I do" all the way to the altar


I was working with Lai Yee last weekend at Mid Valley's Wedding Expo. It was really unplanned, unanticipated, totally last minute. I never expected that I would really enjoy it so much but I did, and I'm starting to fall for these bridal houses. They're simply amazing. 


We were placed under the Organizer's booth. And that means, we had the VIP seats. No, I'm serious. This booth was the first from the entrance and the exact opposite from the stage. Yes, there was a stage for performances by this music band called the KahoMusic Live Band. They actually are a music band that performs at wedding dinners or banquets and so on. How lucky we were to be the super VIP for them for the entire expo. ;D

Oh, and that explains the super exquisite purple gown above. The reason the back side of this gown was taken because her back was shown to us all the while. Poor us. And I only got to admire her back. LOL


Alright, here you go. The front of this gown. I only noticed it on the last day of my working there. Omigod! ;P It's pretty isn't it? I really do love this gown a lot. Like, A LOT. 


The white gown at the top right. Well, since it's not that clear here, the gown's lower part actually seem to have layers. I just fell in love with it on the first sight. Oh yeah, love at first sight. ;D

This was my first promoter-kinda job. So much thanks to Lai Yee. If not for her, I wouldn't be able to enjoy all these beautiful creations and to work with such nice people. Oh, I forgot to mention, the 'boss' I was working under was really a nice person. And his girlfriend, Shermain, was also a sweet and demure lady. They both are just the perfect match. =) Awhh, too bad I forgot to take a picture with them. I had wanted to have a shot of all of us you know. Just too bad then. 

Memories are best kept in heart. 


The end of all.

This has truly been a wonderful experience. Not only did I surprise myself by actually relishing those moments even under the freaking coldness, I actually find joy in seeing those people that came to the expo and left with something that awaits them very soon. It's really a joyful sight to see these people making a commitment to their partners for life. (hopefully) But still, at least they both share the same dream and the same willfulness and willingness to be committed to each other for the rest of their time yet to come. That itself is already an accomplishment. There has to be a starting point somewhere and I'm sure this was it for most of them. 

They say it's a common thing for girls to daydream and visualize how they want their weddings to be and some could even go as far as to the number of children they would want to have. No offence, but to be honest, such a thought was always tucked in the far corners of my mind and not even close to entering the 'daydream zone'. One day, waiting in my parked car, I accidentally glanced upon this huge board on a bridal house in Pudu. That was when the first of such imagination came knocking on my door. How strange, how peculiar, how fitting it all seemed then. 

It gives me joy to see these happy couples ready to embark on this lifelong journey together. You can say that. It's a bond, no doubt it is. A bond so strong that there's no questioning loads after loads of obstacles and testings lurk behind these lovely smiles they share. Yet, they have come so far and the reason for it is because they endured and they will definitely continue to do so. And maybe that's what saddens me most. Yeah, I guess that's what is. I often wonder, when it comes to serious thinking, why is it that other people are willing to stay together and take it all whatever that comes lashing into their faces and yet, and yet not us. 

I thought we were much stronger than that and I know I would definitely not give up without even trying.

Because I know we could do it. 
Because I believe we could.
And most of all because I want to do it.

All those people that I came into contact with and those people that came to the expo and sign up for their amazing packages, I give you my blessings. I may not know your past, I may not know your story and I may not know your difficulties for coming so far to this stage, but all I know is, you guys totally rock. You guys have something in common that most people have failed numerous times in trying to achieve it. And you know what? That is the willingness. Willingness to try. 
Willingness to put in effort. 
Willingness to overlook the mistakes and weaknesses that your partner has. 
Willingness to accept them for who they are.
Willingness to bond with them.
Willingness to be committed to them.
Willingness to make a start.
Willingness to go on a life-changing journey.
Willingness to let them into your life.
Willingness to love them.

And of course, determination. Well, maybe two things. XD

You guys really rock. *salute*

;)


Like I said, our boss was absolutely a nice person. 

...

Damn, I just forgot his name. XD

Oh wait! I just remembered. His name is Alvin. ;D And you know what, he's quite good looking too. Oh well, too bad he's got a girlfriend already. HAHAHAHA ;P No, really. He's a great guy and a great boss to us too. ;D

He gave us a box of mooncake. Well, not a box each, but we shared. And Shermaine just didn't want anything! Why like that? Make me feel so bad leh! ;P 


A mooncake.


And Mary Kay's merchandise. This tiny rectangular box is worth 150 bucks okay? ;P

No joke. It's part of the free gift for customers anyway. Lucky us, we got one each. 
THANK YOU! ;D

I've never tried Baker's Cottage's mooncakes before and now, I got one for myself. For FREE! And this isn't the ordinary flavour but those weird looking and with weird ingredients one. Never mind, me likey. ;D


There were moments that we shared secrets. There were moments when those feelings that have been buried deep down were unearthed. There were moments that words were not needed because we just understood how each other was feeling perfectly well. There were moments when what we exchanged almost caused the tears to fall. There were moments that even though we have lost what we see others have, we were still happy and proud of them. There were moments, when this friendship truly proves its importance. 

Thank you, Lai Yee. ;)

I know you miss me, please don't deny. ;P


Let's have another road trip again and bring lots and lots of snacks there. We'll stay up all night and watch random TV programmes like how we did. Like this pack of Mister Potato, waiting to be opened up and consumed wholly. LET'S DO IT SOMETIME! ;D



Let's snack! I love snacks. And McD Shakers too. ;D


2 comments:

  1. i also need to thanks you that you company me work for 2 days. nice experience =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem. next time got anything can call me also ;D

    ReplyDelete