Saturday, February 22, 2014

returning to basics


It's been a year since the last time I blogged. I mean, wow, just look at that! I didn't really intend to stop blogging then, but somehow, I just got drifted away. I remember how I used to say that my blog was the main, almost the sole refuge for me. A place of solace you know? It's just amazing, that feeling. Because even a listener has a limit. A listener is still a person. But of course, it wouldn't be fair for that person if I were to say it's the same for all. Mind you, when I said limit, I wasn't referring to his or her maximum level of tolerance to whatever shit we have to say. When I said limit, it's more of referring to ourselves. What we can tell, what we cannot tell, what we wanna tell but can't find the right words to do so because it's never that simple to spill out everything you've had inside in a structure that's understandable for that listener. And that's where we meet that limit. We just can't get them to fully understand what we're feeling. And that's why I said that at least right here in my own blog, I'm freer to go wild with putting all sorts of emotions into words, even if they may sound crazy, even if they may be just plain nonsensical words to others. Because it's not a reader that you need most, it's just a place that you can totally be yourself to, a place where you can just immerse into for a long time until you are ready again for the battles outside.


It's good to just write and not bother whether my sentence is too short or too long. I guess one of my biggest motivation to return to my blog is the close-to-2-month internship experience as a copywriter. Blogging was really a huge help in the past and ever since I've stopped blogging, it feels like it has gotten more difficult to pen down whatever that I need to or have to pen down. It's scary, that feeling. Just imagine that you have a fairly strong passion for something but as time goes by, you're realizing that doing so has become more and more challenging because you've not been doing it for awhile.

So to cut it short, I'm now back here. I've been debating whether or not to return to my blogging previously. Well, I guess now I've understood. When something still matters to you, no matter how little that amount may be, it's still worth pursuing it. Because hey, if it has absolutely no importance to you anymore, you wouldn't even let it linger in your mind right?

I'm sure I've made the right choice.

Let's kick start my blogging habit again. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment